The Cumulus module provides a very nice eye candy way to display 3D tag clouds.
The 12 steps to get up and running
- Download the project from http://drupal.org/project/cumulus
- Unpack and upload the project to your 'sites/all/modules' directory
- Using the editor of your choice, create a new file named cumulus.js
- Point your browser to either http://pratul.in/files/cumulus.js or http://pratulkalia.googlepages.com/cumulus.js
- Upload the new cumulus.js file into the cumulus module directory at 'sites/all/modules/cumulus'
- Enable the module at 'admin/build/modules'
- Gather id's of taxonomy vocabulary that you want cumulus to operate on by navigating to 'admin/content/taxonomy' (Drupal 6.x) or /admin/structure/taxonomy (Drupal 7.x). Hover over the "edit vocabulary" operation link (Drupal 6.x) or go to admin/structure/taxonomy/tags (Drupal 7.x) to see the vocab id in the browser status bar. In the case that your browser has no status bar, you can also click the "edit vocabulary" link and then read the vocabulary id out of the url.
- Enable your first Cumulus block at 'admin/structure/block/add-cumulus-block/' . Insert the id's you want from the vocabulary into the field "Vocabulary IDs to be included" as comma separated values.
- Modify user permissions at 'admin/user/permissions' to your needs
- And finally, do any other visual configurations to the block as you see fit...
Cumulus is a great project but installing and configuring it can be a bit more challenging than many other modules. Well worth the time spent though!