This tutorial will teach you about how to make a basic view for a block.
To add views, you modify one of the default views.
- Go to administer >> views.
- Find default views.
- Look at the row called tracker, click "add."
- Click on "Provide Page" to turn it off.
- Click on block to expand the menu.
- Click "Provide Block" to put an x in the box.
- Leave it on "List View."
- Put "New Pages" in for title.
- Put in "10" for "Nodes per block."
- Click on "More" to put an x in the block.
Now we will pick the fields. The default view for tracker comes with 5 fields. We only want the title field, so we'll put the other 4 fields in the trashcan.
- Click the trashcan icon on the row for node type "Type."
- Do the same for "Author," "Replies," and "Last Post."
- Now for the one field remaining called "Title," erase the word "Title" from the box called "Label" so the word does not appear 10 times in your block.
- Click Save.
To finish, enable the new block.
- Go to administer -- blocks.
- Look under the section for disabled blocks.
- Find one called "New Pages."
- Click the box to enable it.
- Give it a weight of -10 by clicking on the down arrow next to the number (The -10 means it will be at the very top).
- Leave it on "left sidebar."
- Click on "Save Blocks."
Congratulations. You should now have a new block called "New Pages" on the left side of your website.