How can you help with the XML sitemap rewrite?
- Report any bugs, feature requests, etc. in the issue tracker.
- Help translate XML sitemap into other langauges.
- Write a review for this module at drupalmodules.com.
- Help keep development active by dontating to the developer. Since development is done all with free-time, it helps offset the time spend coding and helps keep things active.
1. Financially: The 6.x-2.x rewrite has already taken a much larger chunk of my time than I planned. And there is a lot more work to go. If you or your company would like to sponsor development of the rewrite or in general, please contact me. If you'd like to help donate to the rewrite efforts, I have opened a ChipIn at http://davereid.chipin.com/ where you can show your support. I will personally thank and attribute every single person that donates. And no, I won't stop working if no one donates, but if people show support, it is additional incentive to work a little harder, longer or faster.
2. Testing: We need people verifying bugs and testing patches in the issue queue for the 6.x-1.x version, and the 6.x-2.x version if you're feeling brave. Read http://drupal.org/node/314199 if you need help getting started. If you're testing the 6.x-2.x version, please remember that there is no upgrade path and that you must run it as a clean install. It's also incomplete, with only the common and menu modules "converted", but as a sign of my confidence or ignorance, I'm using it here on my own blog.
3. Documentation: If you like to edit or write, we'd love your help improving the module's documentation. Here's a list of the current documentation tasks, including the big wall-of-text on the project page, and out of date handbook pages. We're getting too many support requests for known issues that could be better documented. I should see if I can just steal add1sun away for a while.
4. Translation: I'd like to aim to have official releases of the module translated at least 10 major languages.