Scrollable Content provides a scrolling functionality for your content. Scrollable Content will give you a nice content slider preview of your featured site's nodes, conference speakers, favorite items, books and any other stuff you want to present it to your site visitors in a nice and cool way.
Installation and How to Use
- Download and enable Scrollable Content and Views
- Create a new view in a normal way (yourSite/admin/build/views/add)
- Inside your new view add filters for the content type you want to display as scrolling content, add a sort criteria like post date, also add the fields that you want to appear inside each Scrollable Content slide, so for example add Title, and the CCK image field (e.g. field_story_image).
- Inside "Basic settings" box there is "Style" option, click on it and choose "Scrollable Content" instead of "Unformatted", then the next configuration step is for Scrollable Content like sliding speed, auto start and some other useful stuff that are explained below each option.
- You are ready now to see the results, create a page or block from "Add Display" button on the left, save the view, then go to the page or use the block if you didn't add a page and look at the result.
- You can change the look of this view output either by styling them with CSS and the help of Firebug, or by copying "scrollable-content-view.tpl.php" page from Scrollable Content directory to your current theme directory and editing this file.
Note: You don't have anything to do with Scrollable Content configuration page (yourSite/admin/settings/scrollable_content), these options are only for the ready to use Scrollable Content Block. The same options and more are available already in the Views.