3.1 included some bad IPE logic that made it impossible to add new panes to any region; this release fixes that bug.
Numerous bug fixes. As far as we can tell, this is now mostly usable. The main thing remaining that prevents this from being a beta is that we need to work out an upgrade path. This is particularly difficult for CCK.
If you update, please be sure to update CTools at the same time. These two modules must remain in sync.
#959206: Legacy mode rendering fails with flexible due to CSS file not getting added.
#964334: Panels breaks views' row styles with the panels fields style.
#961662 by Nick Lewis: Account for pager info in simple caching.
SA: Scrub css id and css class on panes.
#920266 by dereine: Typo in cache.inc caused wsods in rare circumstances.
#879482 by mvc: Ensure Panels and CTools module files are loaded during update. Apparently could cause WSOD if not.
#917614 by jskulski: IPE broken in IE.
#906520: Improve CSS for rounded shadow boxes on IE7.
#932632 by mikeytown2: Fix notice in .install file.
#927840: Add clear-block to dashboard HTML to ensure themes do not do weird things to it.
#869766: Fix occasional problem with flexible layout pushing the entire layout to the left in certain fixed-width only configurations.
#949310: E_STRICT violation on declaration of render_pane() method of display renderers.
#940002: Custom style modal was broken.
#953484: Panes were not properly using classes array.
#941532: panel nodes had some serious problems do to hook_node_*.
#954324: Mini panels failed during uninstall.
#827628: "Add content" dialog could lose content with the same title as other content.
Fix the naked style to support content that needs to be rendered.
#958072: Fix panels_node_node_access to not throw warnings on menu access tests.
#965286: Panel node update was trying to use db_insert() instead of db_update().
#964334: Panels breaks views' row styles with the panels fields style.
#941802: Fix radio layout butotn.
#980696 by das-peter: Update calls to drupal_set_html_head() to D7.
- hook_panels_pre_render() and hook_panels_post_render() getting empty displays.
- #865704: Editing mini panels styles failed badly due to missing piece of cache.
- Custom style could crash if trying to enable style reuse without first enabling stylizer.module.
- In Flexible, the "class" would not stick when adding a new region/row/column but would when editing.
- #861426: Editing a mini panel while that same mini panel is displayed on the page resulted in a crash.
- #871730: Panel nodes with IPE enabled let anyone use IPE.
- #877810: Multiple "Add flexible layout" tabs appearing based on number of flexible layouts stored.
- #873224 by thsutton: hook_requirements() could cause notice error.
- #867340 by cedarm: Restore removed but deprecated panels_render_layout() function.
- #871942 by dwatson: Invalid CSS made dragger image not appear during IPE.
- #867864: Fix a admin title and edit link problems with custom content types.
Please see the release notes for CTools 7.x-1.0-alpha1 at http://drupal.org/node/938720 for information about this alpha release.
Please understand this alpha release is expected to be very buggy.
Please see my blog post at http://www.angrydonuts.com for some discussion of the new features across the Panels 3 Suite.
Please be absolutely certain that you upgrade CTools and Panels at the same time!!!!!
- Experimentally introduced the In-Place Editor (IPE).
- Updated Panels Stylizer to use CTools' new Export UI.
- Deprecated panels_get_panels() function. This will be eventually disappear. Use panels_get_regions() instead.
- #834084: Reusable flexible layout introduced. Admin UI at admin/build/panels/layouts.
- Clean up flexible. Attempt to reduce the use of unnecessary divs.
- Add more ability to control flexible classes.
- Add ability to fix flexible canvas to a set width.
- Allow disabling of scaling for IE6 in flexible.
- #822234 by Amitaibu: Missing url() caused IPE to not work on sites not using top level URLs.
- #844062: Turned the normal drag and drop editor into a renderer plugin, made the IPE part of it. Also some fairly serious code reorganization.
- Improve the renderer selection framework. This framework has no UI, but it utilizes exportables and new choices can be hand crafted.
This release is primarily a follow-up quickfix to problems in the 6.x-3.4 release.
Changes since DRUPAL-6--3-4:
- Restored (and deprecated) panels_print_layout(), as other modules were
relying on it.
- Increment required CTools API version.
- Updated docblock to indicate when the deprecated panels_load_include()
will be removed.
- Deincrement required CTools API version; should only increment once
changes have been introduced that necessitate it.
- Updated CHANGELOG for release.
- Replace panels_load_include() with ctools_include().
- Restore panels_load_include() as there are other modules that use this function and broke without it.
Note: You must update CTools to version 1.3 at the same time as updating Panels.
- #612850: Fix crash bug with panes referencing deleted/missing views.
- #614178: Transition to panels-pane.tpl.php caused empty panes to display again.
- #634746 by joshk: Allow pane caching to modify the content during cache storage.
- #612116 by johnskulski: panels-pane preprocess was incorrectly rendering $links
- #612704 by c960657: panels_get_pane_content() inappropriately created a blank context when no contexts were available.
- #618624 by johnskulski: Better classes for panel panes.
- #651306 by joachim: Add "edit any panel node" permission. Not sure why this was never there.
- #497042: Add update.php to remove unused panels_page_router_store table, if it exists.
- #683162: Convert all plugins to use new $plugin = array() format. This is less brittle than the specially named hook.
-dev branch for the D7 port. NOT functional yet!
- #606980 by Deciphered and sethfreach: Typo caused panel-pane class to disappear if another class was assigned.
- #607242: Using the wrong variable in hook_block can cause title to not be overridable.
- #608062: Visibility rules did not appear in the list when added to a pane (though they still applied).
This is primarily a bug fix release for Panels.
You must upgrade Chaos Tool Suite (CTools) to 1.1 when upgrading to Panels 3.1! This is NOT optional! If you do not do this, your panels will deactivate themselves.
- #552846 by eMPee584: Fix notice with tablesorts on mini panels page if no mini panels exist.
- #568218: Links to clone, export, delete/revert, enable/disable variants from the main summary page were incorrect and led to an operation trail not found message.
- #533724: Prevent Panels from upgrading while uninstalled, as that upgrades into broken pages.
- #529816: Allow flexible layout to add custom classes to each region.
- Rearrange the pane dropdown menus to be better organized and look a little nicer.
- Add a new field to allow setting a panel title from one of its panes.
- #562560 by Damien McKenna: Integration with export.module
- #583172 by jacine: Turn panel pane into a template, as it always should have been.
Panels 3 has seen radical changes since Panels 2, and is a great deal more powerful, easier to use and we think you will like it a lot.
Please understand that the upgrade from Panels 1 or 2 to Panels 3 is a little bumpy. Not everything upgrades perfectly. Some people have had to uninstall and reinstall to make it work. Some of the back and forth during the betas and rcs caused irreparably messed up data that does not carry forward properly. I apologize for this. BACK UP BEFORE YOU UPGRADE.. If you do not read these release notes, and do not back up, please do not post issues. =)
The best way to use Panels is to pair it with the Page Manager from the Chaos Tools Suite, and use its interface for creating panel pages. This completely replaces the Panels Pages module from Panels 2. If you used an earlier beta version, the Page Manager used to be known as delegator. If you are upgrading from Panels 2, and the CTools module is already in the tree but not enabled, it will be automatically enabled for you. This is the best way to upgrade from Panels 2. Please ensure that you are using CTools 1.0 alongside this, and not a beta version! Earlier versions of CTools will not work with Panels 3.0!Read more
- #515316: Add permission to view Panels admin dashboard.
- #298174: Recursion defense for mini panels.
- #502670: Extra HTML designed only for flexible layout admin accidentally rendered.
- #507516: "Default" panel style on regions not being properly utilized.
- #476440: Seriously, cloning variants really realy fixed.
- #518360 by joshk: Panels node form doesn't have format properly associated.
- #525340 by markus_petrux: Dashboard improperly initializing a variable.
- #460902 by dmmckenna: Fix problem installing panels from an install profile.
- #488278: Preview on panel nodes prior to creation caused errors.
- #475920: Create "use panels dashboard" permission to more easily control who can and cannot use it.
This update of Panels includes support for the new Page Manager module in Chaos Tool Suite. It requires CTools 1.0 beta4 and will not work with earlier versions. Please update CTools at the same time you update Panels.
Special note: The system pages (node/%, user/% etc) are now disabled by default. If you are using them you will need to enable them after turning on the page manager module.