i have generated a patch that does a simple menu search on the admin_menu. i added a textfield right of the menu items. if you type some letter in it, a new menu will appear with the filtered menu elements. (look attachments)
it works on the client-side with jquery script.
Doesn't work with admin_menu only; i.e., without admin_menu_toolbar. Overlay: Search results are not cleared after clicking on a search result entry.
- Missing search icon image. (referenced in CSS but doesn't exist)
- Better styling/visualization for "highlighted" elements in the dropdown menu tree.
- White background on highlighted links makes them hard to read.
- Search results appear below the entire menu + shortcuts bar. Enable Shortcut module to see what this means.
- Caused by
top: 100%in the CSS, but removing that makes the search results cover the search input field. No idea what's happening there, didn't have enough time to debug further.
- Caused by
- Output parent link label instead of top-level category name to provide better context for tabs/local-task links.
- Add a way to remove/cancel a search + search results.
- Potentially using input[type=search] for the form element to leverage native browser functionality?
- Add a pointer/marker for the highlighted dropdown menu link (like Apple)?
- "Group" results by top-level category?
- Allow to disable the highlighting of search results in module settings?
- Add a keyboard shortcut to jump into the search field.
- Ensure to not clash with Coffee or Teleport modules as well as native browser keyboard shortcuts.
Separate follow-up issues
- #331982: Add support for keyboard navigation
- #293768: Allow to enable/disable menu additions
- #220100: Add hoverintent support
(there are at least 2-3 more projects providing this kind of functionality)
|admin_menu-DRUPAL-6--3-search.patch||4.34 KB||Idle||FAILED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] Invalid patch format in admin_menu-DRUPAL-6--3-search.patch.||View details | Re-test|