|Project:||Backup and Migrate|
I did not find an appropriate permission setting for my purpose:
- give a non-IT super user the rights to restore the database from a previous scheduled backup.
To do that, I had to set
-access backup and migrate
-access backup files
-restore from backup
With this setting, the following link
gives access to the available file for restore
This is pretty good, but:
- the option for "download" is still available, which might only be puzzling for a non IT person
- 2 tabs "Destination Files" and "Restore from backup" are present, which lead to "Access denied" when pressed on
- this give access to any file from any destination
I have no particular proposal, but I found thee current permissions set quite inconsistent
- "restore from backup" and "access backup files" is essentially redundant, but need both top be set to restore database
- "restore from backup" does not give right to select the destination to restore from
- a basic permission "restore from scheduled backup" that only give access to files at that destination
- an extension permission "select backup destination"
- an extension permission "download database"
could be more appropriate
This module works great by the way.