- Enable the directory module.
- Configure the Directory module by visiting your site's admin>>settings>>directory page.
At a minimum, you must configure the following items correctly in order to use the directory module on your site:
- First, check off any node types that you want to exclude from the directory listings - by default, all node types are candidates for inclusion in the directory listings, and you must choose the ones that you wish to exclude. This is somewhat confusing and can be a source of frustration for directory module users - be sure to check off only those node types that you wish to exclude from the directory listings!
- Next, select the vocabularies (taxonomy terms) you wish to expose in the directory listing index. These selections will determine which taxonomy terms appear in the top-level (and upper-level) branches of the directory listings.
The remaining settings control display behavior - set them according to your needs. Note: Items marked with an asterisk ('*') are not working correctly in the 4.7 version.
- Resource count threshold to display subcategories*
- Number of resources to display for each visible subcategory*
- Explanation guidelines - a block of text to be displayed at the top of every directory page.