Create a CCK image field
- change "Upload destination" to "Private files"
Go post a piece of content to this new content type
When an image is selected and "Upload" is clicked, the image comes back broken
- The original file is in the right path on the filesystem
- The function image_style_create_derivative() in includes/image.inc is not called on the first request
- After publishing the node that the image is in, it -still- isn't generated
- Navigate directly to the thumbnail'ed image - it finally hits the image_style_create_derivative() function and generates the file properly
Not sure why the original request (which it looks like -is- issued in Firebug) didn't generate the file though. It took this follow-up request to generate it.