6.x-2.0-beta1 will be released once all issues have been fully resolved in the issue queue and our pre-beta testers are satisfied with a production quality version. After the Navigate 6.x-2.0-beta1 release, we will allow two weeks for any issue queue tickets to surface before officially releasing a first time, full (non-beta) version of Navigate.... 6.x-2.0!
Seeking 5 slots of pre-beta testers for Navigate 2.0!
We are close to releasing Navigate 2.0 and we are seeking 5 individuals! Are you interested in helping pre-beta test the complete redesign of this module? If so, please respond below with your inquiries.
While, in the Drupal community, it is standard to simply release a beta or even an alpha. We have decided that for such an major revision of this module, we would like to pre-release this to a select few. The decision behind this falls to two main points:
- Simplicity - We would like to limit the initial input for issues that may be encountered. This allows us to focus on quickly troubleshooting any major issues that are encountered.
- Integrity - The pre-beta team will also be encouraged to provide rigorous feedback relating to all aspects of this new module's design. Starting from installation and upgrading to usability and interface.
- Template Suggestions - Creating themes for Navigate has never been easier! We have implemented the powerful LESS CSS preprocessing to render and entire theme based on simple color variables. And if you feel like taking it a step further and truly customizing Navigate to suit your site, we bring you template suggestion files to use within your own theme!
- User and Role Permissions - Introducing permission rules! Whether you need to give an entire role a specific set of permissions or allow specific user overrides, weighted permission rules are here! We have extended Drupal's default permissions with a special Navigate tab which gives you absolute control over who can do what!
- Many, many... more features! Click Here for a sneak peak at some of the preliminary screenshots!