- #273116: bot_auth.module added (thanks snufkin, RobLoach).
- scripts/bot_start.php: the new location of bot_start.php.
- scripts/bot_check.sh added: restarts the bot if it's not running.
- #524218: Drush integration added (thanks jonhattan, q0rban, sirkitree).
- bot_log.channel is now a text column (required for large installations).
- All incoming messages are forced to UTF-8 (thanks bellHead, nick_vh).
- #918966: New Net_SmartIRC wrapper; hook_irc_access added (thanks Bevan).
- All forgotten strlens()s have been changed to drupal_strlen().
- All forgotten substr()s have been changed to drupal_substr().
- First release for Drupal 7.x; based on 6.x-1.2 release.
In-progress development release.
- #937836 and #937820: PostgreSQL and E_STRICT fixes (thanks Shiny).
- #477596: Fixed regexp error in bot_seen.module (thanks Gurpartap).
- bot_tell.module can now remind you of things: "BOTNAME: help Reminders?"
- bot_potpourri.module added (thanks ae1): "BOTNAME: help Timezones?"
- bot_aggregator.module added (thanks cwgordon7/snufkin). Additions:
- Configuration has been moved to the feed config form, not our own.
- Different feeds can now be sent to different channels, based on config.
- If we receive an error containing "flood", we slow down our sends.
- If the server or client library receives an error, we'll watchdog it.
- If a channel bans us, it is now permanently removed from the join list.
- #648606: Chinese "ni hao" is mis-spelled in greetings (thanks JohnAlbin).
- Advanced/debugging option added: whether to use real sockets or not.
- bot_project: fixed broken Trac metadata from ticket/revision exports.
- bot_project: function lookups now allow dashes in the branch name.
- irc_bot_cron_faster (one minute) and _fastest (15 seconds) are available.
- #564524: bot_project now reports comment counts on d.o URLs (thanks killes).
- bot_tell now accepts :;, after a told nick (thanks webchick).
Bot 6.x-1.1, 2009-02-10
* bot_seen ping prevention matched inside strings; now only word boundaries.
* #284666: We now use preg_quote() for various nickname escaping.
* #349245: bot_tell doesn't consume username whitespace (thanks drewish).
* #356003: bot_tell sorts queued messages by oldest first (thanks litwol).
* #343245: Better regex for usernames like betz--; supports betz---- now.
* #338723: Missing decode_entities() on project statuses (thanks RobLoach).
* #313025: Better regex for log filtering to prevent substring matches.
* #300206: Better factoid-ignoring of tell-like messages (thanks RobLoach).
* #275042: Randomized messages now centralized in bot_randomized_choice().
* #274888: Move all INSERTs and UPDATEs to use drupal_write_record().
* #218577: bot_tell.module added (thanks Rob Loach). Additions/changes:
- pending message queue now exists to remove SELECT on every message.
- received messages use format_interval(), not a date (thanks litwol).
* bot_factoid: PM a factoid with "BOTNAME: tell about ".
* #190825: Get URL to current logged discussion with "BOTNAME: log pointer?"
* bot_name_regexp() now exists for matching inside a regular expression.
- #117876: if bot has a nick clash, it now responds to both nicks.