CCK (Content Construction Kit) related modules and plug-ins.
The link module can be count to the top 50 modules in Drupal installations and provides a standard custom content field for links. With this module links can be added easily to any content types and profiles and include advanced validating and different ways of storing internal or external links and URLs. It also supports additional link text title, site wide tokens for titles and title attributes, target attributes, css class attribution, static repeating values, input conversion, and many more.
Requirements / Dependencies
- Drupal 6: Custom content module (CCK)
- Drupal 7: Fields API is provided already by core [no dependencies].
INFO Since some missleading user reports we need to clarify here - Link module is NOT about to add links to any menus or the navigation nor primary/secondary menu. This can be done with default menu module (part of Drupal core). The Link module provides an additional custom field for storing and validating links to be added with any content type, which means another input block additional to your text-body, title, image and any other input you can make on new content creation.
FileField provides a universal file upload field for CCK. It is a robust alternative to core's Upload module and an absolute must for users uploading a large number of files. Great for managing video and audio files for podcasts on your own site.
- Configurable upload paths allow you to save files into per-field or per-user directories
- Per-field and per-node file size limits
- Extensive API for extending field widgets and managing files
- Full revision/translation file management
- Views support
- Ajax Uploads (and progress bar support with the PECL uploadprogress extension)
- Pretty Icons
- All the goodness of CCK (multiple output formats, shared fields, multiple values, and much more)
ImageField provides an image upload field for CCK. ImageField is a CCK-based alternative to the legacy Image project. It boasts features such as multiple images per node, resolution restrictions, default images, and extensive Views support.
ImageField does not provide a built-in thumbnail solution, but complements the incredibly powerful thumbnail generation module ImageCache.
ImageField related projects
- ImageCache - Dynamic thumbnail generation.
- ImageField Extended - Add additional data to images other than the default Description, Title and Alt.
- ImageField Focus - Define custom focus and crop areas to be combined with ImageCache.
- ImageField Crop - Crop images permanently after upload.
- Image FUpload - Bulk image uploader.
Fieldgroup will, as the name implies, group fields together. All fieldable entities will have the possibility to add groups to wrap their fields together. Fieldgroup comes with default HTML wrappers like vertical tabs, horizontal tabs, accordions, fieldsets or div wrappers.
The field group project is a follow-up on the field group module in CCK. The release will only exist for Drupal 7 release and higher, so since the existence of the Fields API in core.
By moving field group to a separate module, this may open some new perspectives.
The 7.x-2.x branch will not be supported any longer:
- Moving horizontal tabs to the elements module was the plan but it seems this will be too late to accomplish
- CTools content type and Panels integration will be merged into 7.x-1.x
- HTML5 group type will be merged into 7.x-1.x
- Available preprocessor for fields will be merged into 7.x-1.x
Note: Current changes are made in the 1 branch.
This extensible module will create fields for content types that can be used to display video, image, and audio files from various third party providers. When entering the content, the user will simply paste the URL or embed code from the third party, and the module will automatically determine which content provider is being used. When displaying the content, the proper embedding format will be used.
The module is only an engine, and requires a supported module to function. These include 'Embedded Image Field', 'Embedded Video Field' and 'Embedded Audio Field'. These modules are included in the contrib folder of the module, so they can be easily activated from the module administration page.
Please note: As of emfield 2.x, provider files for these modules are no longer included with the main emfield module, and must be downloaded separately- please see the list of projects providing provider files below.
Modules extending Embedded Media Field
The following modules work in conjunction with this project, largely to expose media providers (you'll need at least one of these to make the module useful):
FileField Sources is an extension to the FileField module. The FileField module lets you upload files from your computer through a CCK field. The FileField Sources module expands on this ability by allowing you to select new or existing files through additional means, including:
- Re-use files by an auto-complete textfield
- Attach server-side files uploaded via FTP
- Transfer files from a remote server (cURL required)
- Paste a file directly from the clipboard (Drupal 7 only)
- Select existing files through the IMCE file browser
Although FileField Sources provides several built-in sources, it can be extended by any module through an API for creating new sources. Users can toggle between any of the available methods for selecting a file.
Drupal 6 Requirements:
- CCK 2.6 or higher
- FileField 3.5 or higher
Drupal 7 Requirements:
- None (all modules are included in core)
There are a number of modules that add additional sources to FileField Sources:
The Field Permissions module allows site administrators to set field-level permissions to edit, view and create fields on any entity.
- Enable field permissions on any entity, not just nodes.
- Role-based field permissions allowing different viewing patterned based on what access the user has.
- Author-level permissions allow viewing and editing of fields based on who the entity owner is.
- Permissions for each field are not enabled by default. Instead, administrators can enable these permissions explicitly for the fields where this feature is needed.
- Field permissions overview
D7 and Content Taxonomy
The module provides extensions to Drupal's core Taxonomy Term Reference Fields. At the moment, following extensions are available:
- Parent term selector in the field settings (for options lists)
- Options for new terms in autocomplete (Autocomplete Deluxe widget supported as well):
- Allow and insert new terms (default behaviour)
- Allow and insert new terms into a separate vocabulary
- Deny any new terms
For migrating from D6, see notes at the end.
D6 (maintained by artem.taranyuk)
This module provides a CCK field type for referencing taxonomy terms.
The fields are independent from vocabulary settings. For every field you can specify following settings:
- widget type (see list below)
- general CCK settings (label, description, fieldgroup, weight, single/multiple, required, ...)
- the vocabulary to use
- further settings for hierarchical vocabularies, like the depth of the tree or a parent term for sub-trees
The Fivestar voting module adds a clean, attractive voting widget to nodes in Drupal 5, node and comments in Drupal 6, and any entity in Drupal 7. Developed by Lullabot and an officially supported module in Acquia Drupal.
- jQuery rollover effects and AJAX no-reload voting
- Configurable star sets
- Support for anonymous voters
- Spam protection to keep users from filling your DB with bogus votes
- Easy-to-use integration with Views module for lists sorted by rating, or filtered by min/max ratings
- A Fivestar CCK field for use in custom node types
- An easy-to-use Form API element type for use in other modules
- Compatible with all versions of jQuery (1.0 - 1.4.4)
NOTE: This module *may* be deprecated in Drupal 7 !
Here's your reason, basically the theming changes in D7 mean the field theming gets bound a lot lot later in the process, so it's not possible to generate the output into a Textarea for you to edit - that said, it is possible that we can come at this from another angle and use tokens instead BUT it means what you see in contemplate admin page will be nothing at all similar to the output.
You can view more on taking this module forwards here http://drupal.org/node/1285558
The Content Template (a.k.a. ConTemplate) module allows modification of Drupal's teaser and body fields using administrator defined templates. These templates use PHP code and all of the node object variables are available for use in the template. An example node object is displayed and it is as simple as clicking on its properties to add them to the current template.
The File (Field) Paths module extends the default functionality of Drupal's core Upload module, the FileField module and many other File Upload modules by adding the ability to use node tokens in destination paths and filenames.
In simple terms, File (Field) Paths allows you to automatically sort and rename your uploaded files using token based replacement patterns to maintain a nice clean filesystem.
- Configurable file paths now use node tokens instead of user tokens.
- Configurable filenames.
- Support for:
- File path and filename cleanup options:
- Filter out words and punctuation by taking advantage of the Pathauto module.
- Convert unicode characters into US-ASCII with the Transliteration module.
- Automatically updates unprocessed file paths in the node body, teaser and CCK text fields on save.
- Retroactive updates - rename and/or move previously uploaded files (Use with caution)
- [D6] Active updating - actively rename and/or move previously uploaded files (Use with caution)
Gallery formatter provides a CCK formatter for image fields, which will turn any image field into a jQuery Gallery.
- Two imagecache presets which will work out of the box beautifully.
- The thumbnails run under an infinite carousel.
- Degrades gracefully without JS enabled, the gallery still works.
- Integrated out of the box with thickbox, colorbox (recommended as the thickbox upgrade path), shadowbox and lightbox2 for the view full links.
- Works with the swfupload, image_fupload, and imagefield_crop widgets.
- A hook for modules to provide styles for the galleries.
- Two options for styles, no style and a green arrows style. No style should be used for developing your own styles.
The Node Reference URL Widget module adds a new widget to the Node Reference field type. It auto-populates a node reference field with a value from the URL, and does not allow this value to be changed once set. It can automatically provide a link on the referencing node types, that will contain the proper URL to prepopulate the field.
The sample illustration might help explain the Node Reference URL Widget in action.
This module defines the "hierarchical_select" form element, which is a greatly enhanced way for letting the user select items in a hierarchy.
Hierarchical Select has the ability to save the entire lineage of a selection or only the "deepest" selection. You can configure it to force the user to make a selection as deep as possible in the tree, or allow the user to select an item anywhere in the tree. Levels can be labeled, you can configure limit the number of items that can be selected, configure a title for the dropbox, choose a site-wide animation delay, and so on. You can even create new items and levels through Hierarchical Select!
For a good overview of what Hierarchical Select can do, look at this demo!
I'm focusing on maintaining only the Drupal 7 version of Hierarchical Select. That means I'll only commit RTBC patches for the D6 version relatively quickly. If a co-maintainer steps up to help maintain the Drupal 6, I'd be happy to accept him/her! :)
Drupal 7 version
The Drupal 7 version integrates with:
- Taxonomy (Drupal core)
- Menu (Drupal core)
Define dependencies between fields based on their states and values.
Conditional Fields for Drupal 7 is an user interface to the new States API, plus the ability to modify fields appearance and behavior on certain conditions when viewing content.
Conditional Fields allows you to manage sets of dependencies between fields. When a field is “dependent”, it will only be available for editing and displayed if the state of the “dependee” field matches the right condition.
When editing a node (or any other entity type that supports fields, like users and categories), the dependent fields are dynamically modified with the States API.
You can, for example, define a custom “Article teaser" field that is shown only if a "Has teaser" checkbox is checked.
Media: Vimeo integrates with the Media module to make Vimeo videos available as file entities.
The 6.x branch is no longer actively developed or supported by the module maintainers. Community submitted patches that reach RTBC status will be committed.
This module adds support for videos by the Vimeo provider to Embedded Media Field (version 6.x-2.x-dev and later). To use, install this module along with Embedded Video Field (included with Embedded Media Field), and Content Construction Kit. You can add 3rd Party Video fields and set any desired options at /admin/settings/media_vimeo, and then paste the desired Vimeo URL in the field on your content type.
This module provides a phone field type
The DRUPAL-6--2-0 branch works well with the Node Reference / Embed Media Browser (nrembrowser) module to bring Media-like functionality to d6!
Styles are containers to group similar field display formatters. For example, a style on a Filefield may contain several formatters based on the mimetype or stream, while a style on a node reference might display various formatters based on the referenced node type.
By itself, this module does nothing. Rather, it provides an API available for use by other modules. The Media Styles module, bundled with the Media module, is a fully featured module utilizing the API.
See http://groups.drupal.org/node/35206 for a quick background.
Viewfield provides a field that holds a reference to a View and renders it whenever the entity containing the field is displayed.
- Author chooses a view and display from a list.
- View arguments are supplied through tokens.
- Administrators may restrict which views may be assigned.
- Administrators may supply a common value that will be used for all entities in a content type.
Image FUpload (Multiupload) which is an addition to image and CCK's imagefield module, gives the ability to every user who is allowed to upload images by using image module or imagefield module, to upload multiple images with one simple click. All selected images are uploaded via a flash module (swfupload) and are automatically processed.
So, there’s no need any more to upload image by image.
- Upload multiple images with one click
- Fully integrates in image and imagefield module (thumbs creation [also using imagecache module] / file size limit) + using Drupals AJAX
- Every user can upload images depending on permission (Not only restricted to administrator)
- Preview list of all uploaded images in which title, body, taxonomy and imagefield specific fields can be edited all at once (customisable [decide which fields should be provided] / themeable / preview image handling customisable / additional permission restrictions)
- Taxonomy and all other modules (for example CCK fields like node reference) are supported
- Automatic node title creation and predefining of imagefield fields (customisable / themeable / editable by user / token support [imagefield])
This module allows users to take control of their feeds by providing a fields-based views style plugin for RSS.
Extension modules for Views RSS 2.x
In addition to modules included in the main Views RSS package, there are several helper modules which extend its functionality with additional feed element sets:
Corrects bugs in Drupal core:
- Checkboxes set as required not displaying required symbol (install this module to display)
- Checkboxes set as required behave as optional (install this module to make behave as required field)
Note: developers don't need to add any extra validation code to their modules to make up for the bug in core, and once core is fixed this module can be uninstalled: #856452: Please test the core patch to help fix this bug in Drupal core - Mark this module as obsolete when that happens
This is the related D6 issue: #259292: Required radios/checkboxes are not validated (D6). More experienced users should head there and help fix this in core by testing the latest patch.
This core bug has been fixed in D7: #179932: Required radios/checkboxes are not validated
This module allows CCK fields to be edited on a node's display (e.g. at node/123), not just on the node edit pages (e.g. node/123/edit). It also works within views etc. Anywhere a 'formatter' can be selected, you can select editable (or click to edit).
This module has been totally re-written for Drupal 6, and it is very much simpler.
Unless you want to help testing/developing the 3.x branch of this module, please use 6.2 version of this module.
- Create yourself a content type.
- Add a field.
- In the content type's "display fields" tab, edit the display of the field for e.g. 'full node' to be editable.
- Create a new node of this content type and save it.
- Now go and visit this node. You will find that you can edit the field.
- Likewise you can select editable as a display type in a view.
Defines a field type View reference which creates a relationship to a Views display and allows the view to be displayed as the content of the field.
This module is modelled on Node reference and usage is similar.
The Custom Formatters module allows users to easily create custom CCK/Field Formatters without the need to write a custom module. Custom Formatters can then be exported as CTools Exportables/Features or Drupal API Formatters.
Changes have been made to the PHP formatters Render Array integration to correctly support multi-field values, this changes the HTML wrappers of the formatter and may affect the theming of your site. This change will be made in 7.x-2.2 and the upcoming development releases.
- Two different editor modes:
- Basic/HTML + Tokens: A HTML based editor with Token support.
- Advanced/PHP: A PHP based editor with support for multiple fields and multiple values.
- Support for:
- Exportable as:
- Drupal API formatter
- CTools exportable/Features
- Live preview ([D6] requires Devel generate module).
- Integrates with:
- [D7] Coder Review module - Review your Custom Formatter code for Drupal coding standards and more
- [D7] Drupal Contextual links module - Adds a hover link for quick editing of Custom Formatters.
- Features module - Adds dependent Custom Formatters (from Views or Content types) to Feature.
- [D7] Form Builder - Drag'n'Drop interface for builder Formatter Settings forms.
- Insert module - Exposes Custom Formatters to the Insert module.