The Quiz module provides tools for authoring and administering quizzes through Drupal. A quiz is given as a series of questions, with only one question appearing per page. Scores are then stored in the database.
This module provides tools for
- Online courses (Audio and Video enabled)
- Self-learning programs
- Training programs
- Supplementary classroom activites
Userpoints Login allows users to earn a specified number of points for each login. We also specify a minimum time interval between logins that must be exceeded for these points to be earned.
Example: if the time interval is set to 24 hours, and a user logs in on Monday at 9am, they will not earn any points for additional logins on Monday, but if they return after Tuesday at 9am they will receive points.
Envolve is a chat toolbar, that looks like Facebook's chat, for your Drupal site.
- Group chats that anyone can join
- Private one-on-one chats
- Real-time translation in 60+ languages
- Take chats with you anywhere, just like Facebook chat
- Seamlessly integrate with your Drupal usernames and picture
- Up to 25 simultaneous chatters are free. Envolve is a paid service after that. See pricing here.
The module has a notion of threads based on timestamps: typically, a user clicks on the timestamp at the left of the message they want to answer before typing their message. When the message is displayed, hovering the mouse over timestamps highlights the corresponding references and answers, even for old messages that are not displayed anymore.
PageFlip simulates "flipping through the pages" of books, magazines, comics, flyers, or other "book"-like content.
1. Go to 'structure/blocks'
2. You will see under disabled 'tetris'. Set it to where you want the block eg 'content' 'footer'
You can then change features with 'Tetris Configuration' in the admin menu. For example block speed.
Druplicon is a PHP IRC bot that has been servicing #drupal, #drupal-support, and many other IRC channels since 2005, proving itself an invaluable resource. Originally a Perl application coded by Morbus Iff, he always wanted to make the official #drupal bot an actual Drupal module. This is the fruit of these labors. Whilst the needs of Druplicon are driving the future and design of the module, this is intended as a generic framework for IRC bots within Drupal, and usage outside of Druplicon is encouraged.
With all currently shipped modules enabled, you'll get:
The Achievements module offers the ability to create achievements and badges similar to systems seen on Xbox 360, Playstation 3, Foursquare, Gowalla, GetGlue, and more. For a Drupal site, this could mean commenting a certain number of times, starting a forum topic, visiting the site every day of the week, or anything else that can be tracked and coded.
Current features and design:
- Achievement points are based on milestones, not continuous activity. Instead of getting 5 points every time a user posts a node, an equivalent milestone might instead reward 20 points for posting 10 nodes. If there's no achievement for posting 50 nodes, the user receives no further points.
The Video Chat module adds a fully hosted free video chat to a Drupal website. The chat application and video hosting are courtesy of Camamba and ad-supported. We hope it provides an alternative to all the payware chat modules out there.
The module provides a block where a user can enter his age and gender (since Drupal does not have this information) and then enter a webcam chat room exclusive to the sites domain name (not the individual Drupal installation).
Configuration options include the chats background color, video window background image, video window logo and default text color.
You can sign up for moderator access of your room at Camamba.
Please see README.TXT for more information.
Versions for Drupal 5-6 are provided for historical compatibility. They should continue working, but are end-of-lifecycle.
- Administrator authentication through Drupal itself. Ideas how to securely communicate that to Camamba are welcome.
- Support for a chat background image.
The videochat module was written and published with the express written consent of the 3rd party service provider (camamba.com).
I have moved further development to BracketCloud, a free hosted tournament management web app at http://bracketcloud.com. There is a Drupal module that interacts with BracketCloud. Check it out at http://drupal.org/project/bracketcloud
This module provides a full tournament management system for Drupal.
- Tournaments are nodes
- Knockout brackets, round robin and ladder tournament types are packaged with this module. Other types can easily be implemented with a custom module.
- Tournament participants can be any entity type (e.g. user, node etc.)
- A Team entity type is available in this module. Teams are groups of users with administrators.
- Matches are nodes.
- Participants can enter scores for their matches among other actions.
- Basic API provided with Services.
- Basic Views support for displaying lists of Teams, Tournaments and Matches.
- Send messages to a tournaments participants via Privatemsg.
Please note: This module currently has no way of outputting GEDCOM compliant data.
The Family Tree module is for recording, displaying and analyzing genealogical data. It allows for the creation of things (nodes), such as
- Individual people
- Family "groups" (marriages, unions, parents, children, etc.)
- Customized locations (e.g. place of union, etc.), events (e.g. divorce, etc.), artifact data records and linking
- A lot more
- Designed for practicing: students can take as many attempts as they like.
- Many feedback options, feedback can change with attempts.
- Many question types.
- Questions can be added anywhere in a site.
- Only Questions. Ordering questions in a quiz or case is done by a separate module.
New in Version 2
A big addition to version 2 is a question editor, based on jsTree. It has some additional requirements, so make sure you read the README.txt before upgrading to version 2.
Comparison with Quiz
Quiz is made for quizzes. This makes Quiz mainly suitable for testing knowledge, less for learning. Quiz supplies both the questions and the quiz system in which those questions are used. Quiz has:
- Very limited feedback.
- Limited number of question types.
- Questions do not work outside of a quiz.
- Both a default set of question types and quiz functionality in one package.
- Proteus is way of presenting questions to a student. Proteus uses a changing student model to determine what question to ask next.
This is a report module for Quiz (http://drupal.org/project/quiz).
- Supports revisions.
- Accumulated data for takes, score and time spent
- Module based. Easy to add reports for new question types.
- If a question type is not supported, it will still give an overall report.
- Is HTML based. Does not rely on any other module other than Quiz.
This module doesn't alter any data.
- Optimize queries.
- Add support for timing individual questions.
More information is available in the README file.
Note: The module is still tagged as alpha, but if no new bugs are found in the near future it will be moved into beta.
Drupal Moon Phases module displays the phases of the moon in a block and a calendar and provides a page that describes the phases of the moon. It is configured to show the moon image with a blue background during the day and a black background during the night.
This is a continuation of wowguild module. It is an attempt to make a Generic gaming hosting module that other modules and admins can customize.
It allows users (with permission) to create Avatars and attach them to their accounts. Their 'main' avatar will replace their name and picture in all posts.
This module would primarly be used to create a guild/clan where users may have multiple characters and want to post as their character.
- [x] AvatarType - Allows admin to create generic Avatars.
- [x] Permissions to create/edit/delete each AvatarType
- [x] Users can create avatars and they are added to their user profile.
- [x] Users can select from their avatars to be their 'main' character.
- [x] The users main avatar name will override the user's name in posts. Basically the user becomes their main toon.
- [x] User's main avatars picture will ovverride user's picture.
- [x] Rollover popups display detailed popup when users rollover character names.
- [ ] Provide a view to list all members of a guild/clan.
Currently I'm leaving it up to each module to provide their own guild/clan listing. i.e. WoWGuild provides a "Guild Roster" view to list all members.
[x] - Implemented
This is a very small module that adds a Christmas Snow effect to your site.
You are welcome to hack the module if you want the lights and submit a patch :-)
Get into the Christmas spirit!
Please download this file; then you will need to copy the file snowstorm.js of this download into the \christmas_snow\ directory of the Christmas Snow module.
The number and speed of the of snowflakes can be set in the snowstorm.js.
Starting with the 7.x-1x release the snowflakes.js file is included with the module. I might migrate this back down to the 6.x release but for now only the 7.x release will include everything needed to run this module.
As with all contributed modules, when considering submitting an issue:
The Prediction game module lets administrators create leagues or tournaments consisting of several matches, on which bets by players can be made. After each round of matches, the results can be entered and players receive a certain number of points for their bets, depending (of course) on their accuracy.
A score board and practical interfaces for betting and for entering results are provided, multiple simultaneous leagues are supported. One current drawback is that matches of one round have to start all at the same time to be well accessible, but otherwise the module works pretty well.
This module allows the creators of a quiz to add an image target question type.
The image target question invites participants to identify areas on an image by dragging and dropping up to 10 targets onto the image. Each target is labelled and the quiz creator sets that label.
Sponsored by: The College of Emergency Medicine, UK (http://www.enlightenme.org)
Module developed and maintained by Deeson Group (http://www.deeson-online.co.uk).
There is a Drupal 7 and Drupal 6 version of this module.
- Optional integration with ImageCache for setting a preset on uploaded images
- Ability to draw up to 10 regions on the image
- Participants drag and drop the targets onto the image
Creating a question
The image target question allows the learning session author to provide the trainee with an image and invites them to identify areas on that image by dragging and dropping up to 10 targets onto the image. Each target is labelled and the learning session author sets that label.
Sports Scores is a module that fetches scores from an external site for certain sports. The module stores the data returned in the database, and provides hooks for other modules to integrate with.
The original purpose of this module is to save me hand-entering scores each week into pickem. There is basic views functionality included.
The Quizzler module allows you to associate quiz questions with node instances.
You may control who may create questions, and who may take quizzes.
Output may be easily modified through the standard themeing procedure.
Quiz statistics are automatically generated per user and as a conglomerate.
For developers, Quizzler implements a hook system to allow you to create your own question types and further integrate your site into Quizzler.
At the moment, only multiple choice questions exist.
- add a short question type
- add an essay question type
Arcade module was written to implement pnFlashGames with Drupal, however, it is really a generic framework that allows any content to be treated abstractly as a 'game' and provides a gateway for 'games' to store scores and game data with Drupal. It also provides blocks for displaying score information.
A module to allow two players to play chess in Drupal.