Ever wanted to change the view mode for a node based off of a context? Now you can. Contextual view modes adds a vertical tab where you can select a context to validate against and display a particular view mode. There is also a global content type option where you can view mode switch by context for every node of that content type.
- Enable display suite "view modes per node" option. [admin/structure/ds/list/extras]
- Create display suite view modes for your content types.
- Use context module to create a context or two. You do not have to assign a reaction, just the condition.
- Enable which content types should have this functionality available to it from the configuration page [admin/structure/cvm]
- You can even set some global modes!
- Create or edit a new node.
- Select your context and view modes from under the contextual view mode settings vertical tab.
- Save and view!
Please note that if you have defined a display mode through the ds_extras setting that your per context mode will not work. The ds_extras setting is a stronger setting then the view_mode by context.
Version 1.2 has all the new goodies. Sorry for all of the early adopters and thank you for the support and encouragement in building this module out a little more robustly. Version 1.2 DOES NOT have an upgrade path from earlier versions as it has been re-written for the better. The benefit now is that the contextual view mode settings are now in a real field and should integrate better with other modules.