Extend and customize Drupal functionality with contributed modules. If a module doesn't quite do what you want it to do, if you find a bug or have a suggestion, then join forces and help the module maintainer. Or, share your own by starting a new module.
This module will not be developed for Drupal 7, as the functionality is now in Drupal core.
The teaser by content type module allows an admin to set a different teaser length for each content type. Note that as with the site-wide setting, this only affects new posts or new edits of posts.
Teaser length is set on the individual content type settings pages. Choose 'Default' to use the original site-wide setting for teaser length.
To regenerate all teasers for your site, install the retease module.
Translate your website into 52 languages
What does it do?
This module adds a small button to your site to select a language. Once a user translates a page on your site, any of the other pages they visit on your site will be automatically translated. This allows the script to translate your entire site, and won't effect other visitors. At any time the user can stop the automatic translation either by clicking the "cancel" link during the translation or the "undo" link after the translation completes.
Additionally if the page is translated back into the original language, the automatic translation will stop. If you would prefer not to use the automatic translation functionality at all, you can disable it.
Usage this cool translation module is simple: just download and enable the module, and place the block in the preferred region.
CONTENTS OF THIS FILE
Current Maintainer: Long Nguyen
Nivo formatter is an image field formatter that transform any image field
to awesome Nivo Slider image gallery.
- Support image style.
- Support thumbnail.
- Support most settings of Nivo Slider, except advanced triggers callback
For developer, themer: nivo_formatter support to load your Nivo Slider theme. just drop it
in nivo-slider/themes/your-themes/ and ensure your stylesheet is
Currently, it is not working with Views, you may want to check this out module
Views Nivo Slider
Please fix my typos if it's wrong! Thanks.
1. Download & install libraries module.
2. Download & install jquery_update module.
3. Create directory sites/all/libraries.
4. Download Nivo slider and extract
Ensure this path exists:
5. Download and enable nivo_formatter module.
6. Add field image if not existed to your content type admin/structure/types
Flexible Blogs is a very simple module that enhances the core Blog module so that it can be used to transition seamlessly between a site-wide (single user) blog and a site with many different blog posts by different users.
The core Blog module by itself is primarily only useful for a multi-user blog, but this is a serious limitation, since many sites start off with a single blogger but then add more as they grow. If they don't use the core Blog module from the beginning, it is difficult to transition to it. This module solves that problem by adding a few enhancements that make it possible to use the Blog module for everything from a one-page, single-user blog site, up through a larger site with many bloggers.
The enhancements provided by this module include:
- Automatic, intelligent, modification of breadcrumbs and page titles based on the number of bloggers on the site
- A user interface to choose whether blog entries should link to the author's blog, the main site blog, or no link at all
- The ability to set the Blog module's main blog page as the front page of the site, without it looking out of place (useful for small sites that are entirely blog-focused)
The More Buttons (MB) module allows to use additional buttons with Drupal.
MB is the evolution of the More node buttons module from Drupal 6.
MB provides additional buttons for:
- Content; Node module
- Comments; Comment module
- User; User module
MB provides a additional Create new action.
- This action can used as tab in addition to the node View or node Edit tab.
- This action can used as action link on the node edit forms.
MB allows to use own values for:
- Cancel button
- Save and continue button
- Save and create new button
- Create new tab
- Use URL destination parameter in the node local task tabs.
- Display the confirm form cancel link as button.
Provides splitting up long Drupal content into sub pages by number of characters/words or by a placeholder HTML tag for node, user and taxonomy term entities.
Added new support for CCK textarea fields in the latest 2.0 branch!
Have you ever wanted to resize the body or comment field? Do you want that funky facebook-esque automatic height adjustment coolness on textareas but didn't know who to turn to? Well fear not, introducing Resizable_body!
That's right, resizable body adds the options to specify the rows and cols count for the body and the comment field! Not only that, but It also allows you to remove that pesky 'split summary at cursor' button that you have a love / hate relationship with. And, we're not done there, not only all this, but you can also specify how the height of the textfield should be adjusted - either disable it altogether, show the default grippie, or have automatic height adjustment. YES! That's right - automatic height adjustment for body, comment or textarea fields!
All this can be yours for the one-time non-refundable fee of FREE!
This module allows you to set a "timer" into content nodes. When it reaches zero, you can perform any type of action with the node, such as unpublishing it or sending an email to the author.
- Perform custom actions when the nodes expire
- Granular permissions: let only some users to modify the node expiration date
- Date field uses jQuery UI DatePicker widget, if jQuery UI module is enabled
- All data exported to Views, if enabled
- Drupal code compliance
"Album photos" is an image album module providing multi-user album features. The module development objective is to provide a comprehensive image album solution for Drupal.
Version 7.x-3.x Highlights
- Integrates with core image styles.
- Uses Libraries API 2.x for SWFUpload and Jeditable.
- Built in support for Colorbox.
- Integrates with the Voting API module to vote on images.
- comment on images
- vote on image (requires: votingapi.module)
- flash upload (requires: photos_swfu.module - included as sub module)
- flash view image (requires: dfgallery)
- Multi-image upload, several uploads on one page, or upload and extract from compressed archive (zip file).
- Upload pictures from the cabinet.
- Import pictures from the server cabinet.
Custom Search Box is a simple little module that gives a user with Administer search privileges an easy way to change the appearance of the search box used by many themes. This is done by additional settings added to the '?q=admin/settings/search' page. I created this module because as a newcomer, like many many others, I did not like the text 'Search this site'. In my research on how to get rid of it, I found many other users looking for the same thing plus some of the other features I have included. This may not be a great module for the advanced members of this community, but it will surely help out the beginners. It will also cut down on the requests from the beginners on how to do this.
This module has been deprecated in favor of Custom Search module.
Page manager existing pages allows you to override/configure Drupal menu paths so you can create variants with Page manager, which is bundled in the CTools project.
Technically, this project defines one abstract task and one content type plugin, so menu items can be overridden and the original page callback can be called through the content type plugin. This project comes with one default existing page, which is 'node', the default Drupal frontpage.
Tested overridden paths
- Drupal frontpage at 'node'.
- Media file paths as 'media/%'.
- Apache Solr search pages at any path you defined.
- FAQ at 'faq-page', 'faq-page/%', 'faq-page/list' and 'faq-page/%/list'.
In theory, any menu callback can now be overridden. Default contexts can be added for entity paths, but will need more testing.
Install the module as usual, more info can be found on http://drupal.org/documentation/install/modules-themes/modules-7
You should also install Panels, which is not a dependency for this module but is the recommended module to start overriding page layouts. Panels can be found at http://drupal.org/project/panels
On admin > structure > pages click "add existing page".
An API for browsing next/previous nodes without overloading your database server.
This module allows you to know the previous or next nodes for any given node. This is very useful for providing navigational links to the user without the expensive queries required to dynamically deduce such information on the fly.
The use case is two fold:
For example, on a site with a gallery of images, you want to show a next/previous link with a thumbnail under each image. Your site's visitor click on the link to show new content or browse it.
Although the previous and next nodes can be deduced with some SQL work, the queries to do so are very heavy on the database, and can bring a site to its knees. This module solves this problem by storing the previous/next node in a table so lookups are fast. Once the module is installed, it will build this index backwards via cron until all nodes have been indexed. See the "More Info" section below for a detailed post on the positive scalability impacts of implementing this module.
The module can be restricted to certain content types to be included in the previous/next indexing. For example, you want the site's visitors to browse through video and image nodes only, but not blogs and regular pages.
This module integrates the ImageFlow plugin with views. It has support for the link field. The customizable onClick function can be used to open links, images, or videos in a colorbox.
Notice: the development version requires the libraries module as of 09/19/11.
- Supports multiple instances (Object-oriented)
- Compatible with all graphical browsers
- Supports all image formats
- Supports big amounts of images (>100)
- Dynamic reflections (server sided via PHP)
- Mouse wheel support
- Loading bar
- Supports image links
- Scales 100% dynamically
- Implementation by div Tags
- Supports the iPhone and iPod Touch
- Slideshow new
- Circular modus new
Current dev (6.x-2.x-dev)
There is no upgrade from 6.x-1 to 6.x-2, see below.
Advanced catalog add custom filters on ubercart catalog and provide taxonomy, products attributes (select) and cck (option widget) support.
Filters are fully configurable. Product display is fully configurable with Display suite and Node display.
- Display suite (Note: Need to be activated before Advanced catalog)
- Node display
- Recommended: Object cache
- Pager informations
- Products per page
- Ordering by position (ubercart ordering), name, price, widht, lenght, height, weight.
- Sort ascending or descending
- Mode filter to display your catalog (table, grid, list)
- Any products attributes (select and checkboxes)
- Any products taxonomy
- Products cck, currently: cck options (select, checkboxes render as select)
- Download and install Display suite
- Download and install Advanced Catalog
- Visit store catalog settings to adjust your catalog
Drupal 7 port
Displays system messages in fully themeable colored horizontal bars on top of the page, similar to Stack Overflow / Stack Exchange network notifications.
- when messages are displayed content is pushed down respectively, so that nothing is covered and everything could be still interacted with,
- alternatively, messages could be fixed to the top of the browser's viewport, so they will always remain visible regardless of scrolling,
- each message has its own "Dismiss" (close) icon,
- optional "Dismiss all" icon is displayed if total number of messages exceeds value defined in module settings,
- messages could be dismissed automatically after a specific time - configurable in module settings for each message type separately,
- hovering mouse cursor over messages resets dismiss timer,
- provides option to re-show all already dismissed messages,
- provides option to display only first n lines of each message, with remaining part shown after clicking on the message,
- provides separate permissions to administer and to access Absolute messages,
- full control over output with template files,
- uses standard jQuery library without other modules or plugins dependencies,
This module exposes a number of core Drupal elements as blocks.
- Site name
- Site slogan
- Footer message
- Page title
- Messages (errors)
- Messages (warning)
- Messages (status)
- Messages (all)
- Node (includes node and author objects)
- Site name
- Site slogan
- Page title
- Local actions
- Feed icons
The module provides an administrations settings page to enable/disable blockify blocks installation-wide.
Authors, maintainers, and general kudos
This is a simple module that enables site builders to use the built-in Overlay for non-admin pages.
This module provides a simple UI for defining paths to appear in the overlay, but developers can use it to define paths too, see the
overlay_paths.api.php file in the module for details.
Note that you will need to give all the roles that you wish to use the overlay, permission to do so, the permission to give them is: 'Access the administrative overlay'.
- CTools Auto-modal basically does the same thing for the CTools modal.
About the Developers
This project is currently maintained by developers at ComputerMinds - visit us at http://www.computerminds.co.uk. We at ComputerMinds pride ourselves on offering quality Drupal training, Drupal development and Drupal consulting. Go Drupal!
The Mobile Switch module provides a simple automatic theme switch functionality for mobile devices, detected by Browscap or Mobile Detect.
Mobile Switch uses now the Mobile Detect PHP class as Drupal library to detect mobile devices.
- Automatic switch to a mobile theme, if detected a mobile device by Browscap or Mobile Detect.
- Prevention of mobile devices to bypass the automatic theme switch.
- Allow or disallow mobile theme usage on administration pages.
- Developer functionality for a little bit of help for website developers.
- Extend the Browscap or Mobile Detect device detection with additional user agents for mobile device emulators.
- Display the user agent string from a device.
- Display Browscap or Mobile Detect details from a device.
- Use the mobile theme with desktop browsers.
Required modules and classes
Branches 6.x-1+ and 7.x-1+
Admin Message provides an easy way to show short messages to users via the creation of Admin Message nodes which are displayed in a block. The messages can be individually closed by users (both logged in and anonymous via a cookie).
Examples could be "Welcome to this site...", "Temporary downtime...", "Important security announcement...", "New feature...", etc.
CCK Facets is a bundle of modules that integrate with Faceted Search to expose Content Construction Kit (CCK) fields as facets. This allows users to browse field values and to filter search results with those values.
Context Node allows you to select a predefined Context on each node. The functionality is already built in with Context but it would require a site manager to do so on a node by node basis.
With this module you can create as many contexts as you need and assign those context to a content type and let the user select a context.
Contex 3.x (both 6.x and 7.x versions)
1. Enable the module
2. Create as many contexts as you like. You can set Conditions but is not required. Set as many Reactions as you like, blocks, layouts, active theme, etc.
3. Configure your content type and enable as many contexts as you want to allow for this content type.
4. Set permissions.
5. Create a node and set a context from the list.
Differences between Context by node and Context Node
- Context by node allows you to create a context for each node. The context created will apply just for that node.
Slider module creates an effect called the "Coda slider", which was made famous by the site:
In this Drupal implementation, each panel of the slider is an individual node. You can have any node you like appear as slides within the slider.
Idea behind this module is to have a simple field for uploading video content, something similiar to imagefield for images
Leverage the power of nodewords custom pages to set the page title using wildcard paths and global tokens. Great for tough-to-reach page titles in Views, Panels, and other non-node paths!
The value proposition:
You're frustrated with your page titles. You've never been able to put a decent SEO-friendly title into dynamically created pages. Say goodbye to your frustrations. This module marries the best features of nodewords and page_title modules. :-)
Steps to install:
- Enable nodewords w/ "Custom Pages" sub-module (Please use 1.12-rc1 or 1.12-beta9)
- Enable page_title.
- Enable nodewords_pagetitle (this module).
Steps to configure:
1. Make sure you set the following on the nodewords admin page (admin/content/nodewords/settings):
- Under "Meta tags to output", make sure "Page title" has "In HTML tag HEAD" checked.
- Under "Meta tags enabled on administrative settings pages", make sure "Page title" has "Show in edit form" checked.
2. Check out the page_title module admin (admin/content/page_title):