Enable users to create and manage their own 'groups'. Each group can have subscribers, and maintains a group home page where subscribers communicate amongst themselves.
They do so by posting the usual node types: blog, story, page, etc. A block is shown on the group home page which facilitates these posts. The block also provides summary information about the group.
Groups may be selective or not. Selective groups require approval in order to become a member, or even invitation -only groups. There are lots of preferences to configure groups as you need.
OG7 Example sites
Other OG7 movies and tutorials
- The Drupalcon CPH session
- Brusseles Drupal developers
- OG7 tutorials by bjlewis2
- Drupalcon London
- Drupalcamp Spain - Sevilla
- OG 7.x-1.x 14+ movies by NodeOne's Johan Falk
- Entity-cache can be enabled and OG will use it
- Views OG vocab can be used to cache views on a per group basis (with consideration to node-access)
7.x-2.x Related modules
- OG extras
- Message notify is the complimenting module that can be used for sending email notifications
- OG vocabulary allows each group to have their own group-related taxonomy vocabularies
- Organic Groups Fieldable Panels Panes