Themes allow you to change the look and feel of your Drupal site. You can use themes contributed by others or create your own to share with the community. Contributed themes are not part of any official release and may not have optimized code/functionality for your purposes. You can also create a sub-theme of an existing theme. A sub-theme inherits a parent theme's resources. Read more about Sub-theme structure and inheritance. You can also view a full index of themes listing only their titles.
A sub-theme of the Seven admin theme. Blossom includes UI and UX improvements on top of Seven. It is the default admin theme used in Drupal Gardens.
The theme files have been removed because the theme was created from a theme licensed under CC-BY license, which is not compatible with the GPL license used for any project hosted on drupal.org. See #828098: Theme license is not GPL for more details.
Strange Little Town : A lovely whimsical WordPress theme from magical.nu. This theme was original designed by Minmin for WordPress (See original). I do nothing with her design, just changed some elements to fit into Drupal and added some more features for theme settings.
- Site name
- Site slogan
- Mission statement
- Primary Links
- Top and Bottom content block regions
- User pictures in posts and comment
- Accessibility Navigation
- Tableless Layout
- Built-in theme settings
- 1 Left, 1 Right, Both or None sidebars support
- 6 levels of page width, from 780px, 840px, 960px, 1020px, 1140px and Fluid page width. (inside theme settings)
- jQuery Transparent PNG Fix for IE6 and below (inside theme settings)
- Add/Remove your own customized CSS stylesheet (inside theme settings)
- Add/Remove Breadcrumb (inside theme settings)
- Bi-directional (BiDi) support (need feedback/suggestion from RTL users/developers - Arabic, Farsi, Urdu, Hebrew and more)
For RTL languages in both IE6 and 7, sometime conditional CSS may not be loaded. To resolve this issue, you have to enable optimize CSS files option due to IE6 and 7 restrict to a maximum of 32 external CSS files. Read this article for more information
Arclite theme originally designed by digitalnature.ro and ported to drupal.
* Primary Links
* Comment User Picture
* Search box
* Site slogan
* Site mission
* Site footer
* 2 columns
atck was developed in a production environment for purposes of quickly building css and xhtml valid Drupal themes from scratch without having to un-theme an existing Drupal theme to do it.
1. WYSIWYG grid builder
A browser-based grid builder which produces starter code for a page.tpl.php file. The grid builder itself was originially built by Christos Constandinou and it uses a modified version of Yahoo Grids which is more flexible and easier to customize. With Christos' permission it, and the supporting css, has been customized so that it works for Drupal themes and so that it is css3 valid. Access the builder online (FF only!), or download it and run it locally. [builder version controlled at Google projects because cannot be on Drupal.org because of MIT license]
2. style.css [separate download - version controlled at Google projects because of BSD license - ]
style.css contains only the css needed to support what the grid-builder outputs, as well as some general 'resets'. The only modifications one should need to make here would be if they want to make their layout a fixed width and/or a different width (default widths are in %).
3. page-layout.css and template.php
These files are where the visual styling of the site happens. The source of these files is from a combination of code from the Hunchbaque theme and some changes/additions which I added in order to provide baseline settings I prefer and/or provide more granular settings. The beauty of these files is the simplicty of them - they include as little markup/styling as possible to avoid complexity, while at the same time putting many helpful tools/comments at your finger tips so that you can accomplish what you want.
A sample page.tpl.file is included as a reference for finishing your own page.tpl.php file using code output from the grid builder. Note particularly the variable names for the blocks, regions, menus, etc. (at this point the builder does not include those items)
5. fix-ie-6.css and fix-ie-7.css
These files are included for purposes of providing IE-only css to each of the respective versions. By using conditional comments like this we keep the main css files hack-free and atck css3 valid.
Additional documentation for builder/grid system available here
Please note: ATCK for Drupal 5 is very sturdy, but all the new features are going into ATCK 6.x, and the Drupal 5 version is no longer really under active development
BH Bootstrap Theme for Drupal 7
This theme is a basic port of Twitter's Bootstrap development framework to Drupal 7. It can be used as a theme out-of-the-box, but is intended to be used as a parent theme. The theme itself is currently at an early stage of development, but appears reliable and stable. Implemented features should simply work with Drupal 7.
However, please note:
- this theme requires the Bootstrap library. Ideally, the 7.x-1.0 version of the Libraries module should be installed, and the Bootstrap framework directory placed so that the main bootstrap css file is reachable at
Alternatively, download the Bootstrap framework, copy it into the theme directory so that the main bootstrap css file is reachable at
- this theme requires jQuery 1.7 (in other words, the 7.x-2.x-dev version of the jquery_update module).
Designer Relief is a Wordpress theme that I converted to a Drupal 6 theme. It's great for use as a blog theme, and has some customizations done to the page.tpl and node.tpl files to allow for the date and comments to be displayed differently than they normally are in themes. It's very close to the original Wordpress theme, but has a few minor adjustments I made to Drupify it a bit. I would say that it is 95% completely converted. I did add a new region to the theme, which was perfect for the Primary Links/Main Menu. It is located across the top of the theme in the wood area.
- Now Available for Drupal 7!
- Blog Theme
- 100% CSS Menu Dropdowns
- Fixed Width
- 2 Columns
- Customized Post Date Output
- Add More Block Regions
Contributed by Arbor Web Development.
Feel free to post feedback either positive or negative about the theme as I look to improve on it over time.
jQM is a jQuery Mobile-based theme. jQuery Mobile (http://jquerymobile.com/) is a mobile web presentation framework for building unified user experiences across a wide range of mobile devices.
jQM requires the jQueryMobile module and library (http://drupal.org/project/jquerymobile). Please install the jQueryMobile module and follow the installation instructions before attempting to use this theme.
jQM can be used as-is, but can also be used as a base theme for other mobile themes.
Development of this theme has been sponsored in part by Treehouse Agency.
What is it
Plato is a sub-theme for Sasson.
It is a Drupal 7 theme, created as part of the OpenIdeal project but realesed as a standalone theme as well.
Plato inherits all of Sasson goodness:
- HTML5 clean and light markup.
- Sass compiler and Compass built in.
- Responsive layout for mobile compatibility. (with a nice twist for the sidebar)
- Semantic grid system.
- and much more.
Plato was made for OpenIdeal
OpenideaL is an idea management system (IDMS), adapted for companies & organizations interested in sharing strategic decisions and future planning of products and services with their customers.
OpenideaL is an open source project based on Drupal.
This HTML5 responsive theme is built to support any device with any resolution and is built using a 12-column flexible grid.
The Zoundation theme allows a user to choose two types of navigation bars: topbar and nav-bar.
Out of the box, a user can add menu blocks and search block to the top bar. If the Main Menu setting is turned on on the Appearance page, the main menu will show up in the nav-bar.
Learn More about these styles: http://foundation.zurb.com/old-docs/f3/navigation.php
Foundation provides many reusable UI elements such as button styles, form styles, tabs styles, alerts, accordion panels, inline lists and table styles.
For a complete listing of components, view the Foundation Docs.
We have also built the Zoundation Support module. This module provides Orbit responsive image slider integration, custom built menu blocks for topbar and nav-bar, placeholder elements and a few minor UI fixes difficult to do from the theme.
This theme is developed by Worthapost. This is multi-purpose theme that suits almost all type of websites. We have integrated color module so that you can have freedom of choosing your favorite color for your website.
- Integerated Color module.
- Fluid width (default), Fixed width.
- Fixed width (with custom width option).
Various block regions:
- Right Sidebar
- Sub-Right 1
- Sub-Right 2
- Above content
- Below Content
- Bottom 1
- Bottom 2
Visit our website to rate and comment on this theme. Also see our premium themes for Drupal.
About Elegant Blue Theme
Elegant Blue is a fixed width (940px) theme. The theme is not dependent on any core theme. Its very light weight for fast loading with modern look.
- Simple and clean design
- Fixed width (940px)
- Drupal standards compliant
- Custom front-page with 1 Welcome text block and 3 column block with theme settings available.
- Implementation of a JS Slideshow
- Multi-level drop-down menus
- Use of Google Web Fonts
- No sidebar blocks on frontpage
Elegant Blue Theme Settings
Configuration option available at theme settings page. (appereance -> Settings for Elegant Blue theme)
 Breadcrumb Display option.
 Front Page Slideshow option for the Slide Description.
 Social Icon URL option.(User can set url for the social icon links)
 Title & Description for the Front page Welcome Text.
 Have options of title and descrition for the three column block displaying on front page.
 Two bottom block regions
 Footer Options.
To Enable drop-down menu, Select "Show as expanded " at setting page of menu items.
These are the Chameleon theme and its sub-theme Marvin that were in Drupal 6. They were removed from Drupal 7, but will live on as contributed themes at this location.
- A CSS-based, tableless theme in shades of gray with a subtle textured background
- One or two sidebars can be added to the main content area
- An optional region exists between the main content area and the footer
- Includes a CSS sticky footer
- Incorporates CSS3 styles such as border-radius, rgba opacity, text-shadow
- Includes fallbacks for older browsers (e.g. png fix for background rgba opacity)
- Tested for compatibility in Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera and IE
This is a port of GlossyBlue theme by Nick La.
GlossyBlue is a nice and clean 2-column theme with bright modern color, perfect for web 2.0 or technology related blog.
Ubiquity tries to implement a generic yet stylish look found or sought by many webpage owners. It tries to be completely valid XHTML Strict and CSS 2.0. Using the ’anyorder columns’ layout style it will make your pages search engine friendly as the main content column comes first in the html. You can download the Photoshop source files and customize the theme to fit your needs.
UPDATE 06/03/2011: The 5.x version will not receive any support anymore.
The 6.x-1.x branch will only get bugfixes.
Started working on the 6.x-2.x branch, which is being rewritten from the ground-up so stay tuned.
A highly flexible 'parent' theme with pre-built sub-themes pack and almost unlimited ability to create new themes.
- 960 grid system based
- any columns order, configurable via theme settings
- ability to choose grid variant and column width via theme settings
- changeable colors of any html tag or css class through color picker (via theme .info file)
- ability to build a new theme in no time
- Supports logo, site name, mission, comment user pictures, shortcut icon, primary and secondary links.
- Fixed width layout with 3 columns.
- CSS based, tableless design.
- Validates as XHTML 1.0 Strict and CSS 2.1.
- Compatible and tested with Firefox 3, Firefox 2, IE7, IE6, Google Chrome 1, Safari 3.2, Opera 9.6.
- Integration of Son of Suckerfish Dropdowns menu into primary links.
- 5 block regions available (including content area).
- RSS icon from Smashing Magazine.
Simplest solution for your simple tasks
Simpliste is a very simple and easy to use HTML template for web projects where you only need to create one or couple of pages with simple layout. If you are working on a lightweight information page with as less efforts for you to code and as less kilobytes for the user to download as possible, “Simpliste” is what you need.
Clean code will make your task even easier. HTML5 and CSS3 bring all their features for your future site. This theme has skins which you can choose from.
HTML5 and CSS3 made live of web developers easier than ever. Welcome to the world where less code and less files required. “Simpliste” has many different skins.
Template contains CSS-reset based on the reset file from HTML5 boilerplate which makes appearens of “Simpliste” skins consistent in different browsers.
Print styles and styles for mobile devices are already included in the stylesheet.
You know that now it's time to think more about your users with mobile devices. This template will make your site respond to your client's browser with no effort on your part.
Blix is a port of the WordPress template by the same name. It was originally created by Sebastian Schmieg
Nixer is a fast, lightweight yet professional CSS-only theme for Drupal.
Using a minimalist yet contemporary design, it is usable out of the box or can be easily customized. Because the theme is so lightweight, it will make your Drupal site run FAST.
You can see a working demo here.
- Except for logo and favicon, there are no images
- Fast rendering: I challenge you to find a faster theme
- Fixed width tableless design - 2 or 3 column layout
- Uses only validated CSS and XHTML
- Looks identical in Firefox 2, 3, IE6, IE7, Safari and Opera
- No IE-specific code
- Easy to customize and debug - great as starter theme
- Built from scratch - no starter theme used (initial layout based on Stark)
Nixer was written by Edward Buck.
nixer: a 2nd job often involving *nix (Unix-like) OS's.
The Obsidian Drupal theme has a dark look and feel and is great for personal, entertainment and music blogs.
- Support for site name, slogan, primary links, mission, shortcut icon and user pictures
- Fixed width layout
- Drop-down primary links menu
- Supports both 2 column and 3 column layout
- Cross browser compatible
Tested in IE6, IE7, IE8, Firefox 2, Firefox 3, Safari 3.2 & Chrome
A simple responsive subtheme for the base theme Fusion. Uses all of Fusion's default regions and adds a few extra CSS3-enhanced skins for blocks. Detailed README file includes instructions for flyout menus with Superfish, and older IE support with the polyfill css3-mediaqueries.js via Fusion Accelerator.