This views style plugin lets you display views results as a crosstab (also commonly called a pivot table) - grouping rows by one field, columns by another, and using an aggregate function (count, sum etc) of a third field for the table data.
For example, this module will take a table view with linear output like:
|User||Content Type||Node ID|
And turn it into a crosstab that counts the number of each type of content for each author:
A default view "content type count by user" that does just this is included with this module.
- This is a new module, and has not yet been tested in a production setting - please treat as such!
- It is possible to produce SQL errors with this module, especially with very complex views. A good understanding of SQL will help you understand and fix these.
- This module is fairly likely to be incompatible when used in the same view as other views modules that extensively modify the views query, such as Views Group By.
- Views Group By - allows grouping an aggregation of fields (useful for lots of things!), but does not allow a crosstab of 2 fields against each other.
- Views Calc - allows multiple column oriented aggregates to be added, as well as providing additional formatting control.