Webform is the module for making surveys in Drupal. After a submission, users may be sent an e-mail "receipt" as well as sending a notification to administrators. Results can be exported into Excel or other spreadsheet applications. Webform also provides some basic statistical review and has and extensive API for expanding its features.
Some good examples could be contests, personalized contact forms, or petitions. Each of these could have a customized form for end-users to fill out. If you need to build a lot of customized, one-off forms, Webform is a more suitable solution than creating content types and using CCK or Field module.
- PHP 5
- Drupal 6.16+ or Drupal 7
- mySQL 4.1+ or PostGres SQL
Webform related projects
- Options Element: Provides a better UI for creating select list options.
- Select or Other: Allows for a textfield for "Other..." options in select lists and radio buttons.
- Date Popup (part of Date): Enables popup calendars in Webform date components.
- MIME Mail: Send HTML and attachments in e-mails sent by Webform.
- Mollom or CAPTCHA: Protect your webforms from spam.
- Webform Validation: Add advanced validation based on a variety of conditions.
Obligatory "Which version should I choose" Notice
The Drupal 7 version of Webform has been branched so that you can download the new 7.x-4.x version or the older 7.x-3.x version. If you want Drupal 7 style tokens or use conditionals, you should install the 4.x branch. However if your preference is towards not needing to update the module regularly, you should install the 3.x branch. Although 4.x is stable (it has to be since we're running it on webform.com), new versions will probably be coming out every couple weeks.
Please always use the project issue tracker to report bugs, support and/or feature requests. I don't read the forums and I don't reply to direct e-mails for support.
When you open issues please open one issue for each problem/request don't bundle several issues into one submission. Please search the queue and read the handbook pages before opening duplicate issues!