Allows to use client-side editors to edit content. It simplifies the installation and integration of the editor of your choice. This module replaces all other editor integration modules. No other Drupal module is required.
Wysiwyg module is capable to support any kind of client-side editor. It can be a HTML-editor (a.k.a. WYSIWYG), a
pseudo-editor (buttons to insert markup into a textarea), or even Flash-based applications. The editor library needs to be downloaded separately. Various editors are supported (see below).
Wysiwyg module also provides an abstraction layer for other Drupal modules to integrate with any editor. This means that other Drupal modules can expose content-editing functionality, regardless of which editor you have installed.
- Download and install the module as usual.
- Go to Administer » Site configuration » Wysiwyg, and follow the on-screen installation instructions that are displayed there.
- Follow the on-screen installation instructions. Do not download/extract editor libraries upfront.
- Do not alter any files of this module manually.
- Compatibility with other Drupal modules
- Installing Wysiwyg module
- How to integrate your module (for developers)
- Screencast: http://drupaltherapy.com/wysiwyg
- Editors: CKEditor, FCKeditor, jWysiwyg, markItUp, NicEdit, openWYSIWYG, TinyMCE, Whizzywig, WYMeditor, YUI editor.
- Plugins: Teaser break (built-in), and more.
This project needs your help: Donate
This project has been sponsored by:
- unleashed mind
Specialized in consulting and development of Drupal powered sites, our services include installation, development, theming, customization, and hosting to get you started. Visit http://www.unleashedmind.com for more information.
- The Drupal Community
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Reported installs: 308699 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 1,461,709
- Last modified: May 11, 2012