Flexinodes are fieldable entities that can be embedded into a host entity.
The main difference between this project and field_collection is that flexinodes allow a sitebuilder to define more then one fieldable flexinode entity per host field instead and share the flexinode entities between host fields. A true many to many relation between Host entity and flexinode's.
More information at this moment can be found on my blog : http://renebakx.nl/65/sneak-peak-into-flexifields-for-drupal-7/
A big thanks to the guys from Freie Formation and leonevers for providing some patches and a even bigger thanks to flink.nl where we used this module in a production environment and forcing me to finally fix this thing.
This is not a port of the flexifield module, but a new from scratch implementation based on the entity api. Hence there is no upgrade path available.
* Added initial support for revisions with hook_update_X
* Almost an entire rewrite of the flexinode system.
* Added revision support
* Moved around code to create a better abstraction between UI and other logic
* Flexinodes can be embedded in flexinodes.
* Added a delete button to remove a flexinode, this button only appears if needed.
* Added template support.
* Should be updatable from previous versions, but this is not thoroughly tested (backup first!)
* Only show a drop down selector if a user can select more then one type to embedded.