You can view your nodes in a custom layout using Panels without having to edit a node template file or use modules such as Content template.
The following example will create a product-page, displaying some of the products content-fields.
Using Panels we will build the node to display in node column.
Requirements for this example
I will asume you have an understanding of the following 3 modules:
- Create a new node type called Product.
- Add the following fields:
- Product-Image: Use one of the various CCK image field widgets.
- Create an Imagecache preset to show the product-thumbnail in a suitable size.
- Now create some Product content.
Creating a view to display product-fields
- Create a View that will show node-items.
- Add Field "Product Image".
- Add Filter-Criteria "Content: Type(=Product)"
Imagecache Profiles module allows you to set user profile pictures that are consistent throughout your site and allows avatars on the user profile pages to be a different size. The module also allows for style definitions to be defined for images used in Comments and Nodes.
The standard Image styles in Drupal 7 core are; thumbnail, medium and large. If a different Image style is desired, it can be created.
Part 1. Create a new Image style to use with ImageCache Profiles.
Here is an example of how to create a new Image style, your settings can vary.Read more
Starting with Drupal 7 the concept of entities arose. Entities are used to store and display data, which could be a node, a user, a taxonomy term or something custom developed. Entities have a list of helper functions that can ease development and it is possible to add fields to entities via the UI, like we know it for nodes.