View Bulk Operation can be enabled in any View, but is available in the [YOUT SITE]/admin/content
As shown in the screenshot below, the Push To Telvue option is on the select list.
Here is a simple way to leverage the power of rules, views bulk operations, private message, private message growl and shoutbox to create a simple chat solution for your site. Site runs on shared server with limited resources and php 5.2
- One single public chat on the site which auto updates
- Notifications to active logged in users on the site only
- Per user ability to opt out from the notifications messages
Step 1: Module Requirements (D7 versions):Read more
Using Views Bulk Operation to delete orphan taxonomy terms (Terms that have no nodes associated with them)
Deleting orphan terms especially in a free tagging vocabulary is reasonably common task for site administrators. Orphan terms in this case means taxonomy terms that are not used by any nodes (content pieces). I had to look up various issue queues for this and found this in the issue queue of the term node count module. If interested here is the link to the page #603868: Rework Term Node Count for D7
Steps to get this working:
- Create a new view. Name it anything you want.
- Display: choose taxonomy term. If you want to delete orphan tags from a particular vocabulary, choose the vocabulary. Add the page title etc and click create and edit to move to the next page
- In the section Relationships choose "Taxonomy Term: Content with Term" from the list of options. Leave the default identifier "node" or choose a descriptive label if you wish.
- In the Fields section add Content: nid and Bulk Operations: Taxonomy Term. Label the Content: nid field with a descriptive label such as "node count". For the Bulk Operation field type in label as "select" . Ensure enable select all items and display processing result are checked . In the selected operation choose the delete operation. Check the delete without confirmation if you want to delete the terms without an intermediate confirmatory dialog page.
This guide applies to Drupal 6 only, last updated for release 6.x-1.13
Developing operations for VBO
VBO reuses existing Drupal infrastructure to allow new operations to be added. The main method to create a new operation is by writing a Drupal Action. Please read the linked page first. VBO supports a superset of the capabilities of actions, so here are the steps to create an action that fully utilizes VBO.
VBO supports a superset of the attributes that describe an action. Here are the added attributes:
parameters(optional): keyed array. This attribute gets appended as is to the
$contextarray that is passed to
behavior(optional): array of flags. This attribute exists in the original Action specification, but is augmented here with additional flags:
views_node_propertyto signify that this action will show the node on-screen.
deletes_node_propertyto signify that this action might delete the node.