Drupal made easy. Cloud services for non-technical end users, with a web interface to quickly create hosted Drupal sites (also known as SaaS publishing platforms).
- Buzzr - From Lullabot and others; see videos.
- Drupal Gardens - From Acquia, offering free and paid subscription plans; see videos.
- Pagebuild - See the Drupal case study, and videos.
- ProsePoint Express - Hosted version of ProsePoint, for newspapers and magazines; see the Drupal showcase, and demo.
The following is a simplified guide to create a Drupal site in a few easy steps. You can read a more detailed version of these instructions, or check out the installation troubleshooting guide if you need some additional tips.
To follow these steps, you will need an SFTP client such as, WinSCP or FileZilla, and a web server that meets some basic requirements (e.g. a web server such as Apache, a database such as MySQL, and PHP). We'll begin with the steps for a Drupal 7 install, followed by Drupal 6 (they are very similar).
Step 1: Download, Extract, and Upload
- Download the latest version of Drupal 7.
- You will get a file called drupal-7.x.tar.gz. Extract the compressed files.
- Log into your server using your SFTP client and navigate to the web root directory. Upload all of the files inside your Drupal folder into the web root folder on your server.