If your database has a hyphen(-) in it, please make sure #1926418: OG Migrate fails if database name contains hyphen is resolved before reporting any new issues.
In order to upgrade Organic Groups from Drupal 6 or from OG 7.x-1.x to 7.x-2.x, the following modules must be installed and enabled:
Once the required modules have been enabled
- Make a backup of both your files and database.
- Download the latest version of OG 7.x-2.x (this can done via drush or ftp).
- Run update.php. If you're unsure what this means, go to the following URL and follow the instructions:
After running the update script, you may get the message "The content access permissions need to be rebuilt. Rebuild permissions." Wait to rebuild permissions until after running the migrate scripts.
- Navigate to:
- You should see the migrates that are still pending:
Documentation for basic configuration of Organic Groups (OG) version 7.x-2.x. OG 2.x is different from 1.x.
How to setup a basic group?
- Create a new content type, and name it something like: Group, Department, School, etc. This will be our container content type, you can think of that as a group type.
- At the bottom, click on 'Organic Groups' tab, and check 'Group' and save.
- Next, create a new content type and call it something like: Group post, group content, etc. This content will be shared on the group page, that we previously created.
- At the bottom, select 'Organic Groups' tab, and check ‘Group content’ and save.
This is the basic setup of Organic Groups. Every user can now create a group if they have the permissions to create content of those content types.
Create a new group
- Click add new content, and select the content type you created as Group.
- Give your group a name and save it.