If you are making updates to the translations in Drupal on your site, why not share them with the rest of the community? You can share your translations using the Localization client (l10n_client) module.
- Be fluent in the language for which you are creating translations.
- Install the Localization update (l10n_update) module to download the current translations.
- Install the Localization client (l10n_client) module to share translations.
- Enable the core Locale module and enable the language for which you are creating translations.
- Go to localize.drupal.org, sign in, search for your language, and click the "Join" button to give yourself access to post translations.
- In your site, go to the Configuration > Regional and Language > Languages > Sharing tab and enable sharing with localize.drupal.org by selecting the "Enable sharing translations with server" checkbox and saving the settings.
- Edit your user account on localize.drupal.org, find the "Your Localization Server API key" field, and click the link in description.