To create a schedule of radio programs, you need to enable the following modules:
- station program
- station schedule
You can then begin creating program nodes, if you haven't already. Create one for each program on your station, but bear in mind that one program can be scheduled at several times. For example, the program 'Rock Dungeon' can be on both Saturday and Sunday nights.
Schedule time increment
Before you being scheduling, you should consider what your minimum schedule slot size needs to be. Set this at admin >> site configuration >> station >> schedule. The default is 1 hour. Other options are 15 and 30 minutes.
There are two ways of adding a program node to the schedule:
- At admin >> content management >> schedule, click on an unscheduled slot, and type in the name of the program. You can also change the times, to have the program occupy only part of the empty slot.
- Edit the program node, and under Schedule click Add to the schedule. Note that the node must have already been saved.
You'll need to complete the following steps to setup the station archive:
- Enable the taxonomy module. The archive uses a vocabulary to assign days and times to the audio files.
- Download and enable the audio module. You'll want to follow the instructions to setup the audio_getid3 sub-module, it is strongly recommended.
- Enable the station and station_archive modules.
- Configure the station module at admin >> settings >> station. If the schedule module is running on another machine, you'll want to set the XMLRPC URL.
- Download and install the StreamRipper executable.
- Edit the station/archive/scripts/ripper.inc file. Set your web stream's URL, the full path of the import directory, and the full path to the stream ripper executable.
- Test running the ripper script on the command line. You'll need to determine the full path to the file and pass that to PHP as the first parameter. So, if you've installed the module into /usr/local/www/drupal/modules then you'd run it by typing:
The component modules of station are:
- station.module - the core of the station module. Required by all the other modules.
- station_program.module - provides a content type for program nodes.
- station_schedule.module - allows a weekly schedule of programs and a block that displays the currently playing program, and adds a list of DJs to program nodes. Requires the views module.
- station_catalog.module - track albums in a radio station's library.
- station_playlist.module - provides a program playlist node type..
- station_archive.module - provides a script to rip hour long mp3s and then imports the files as audio nodes. Requires the audio module, views module, and StreamRipper executable.
Station Schedule Module
The station schedule module provides:
- A weekly schedule of timeslots for a radio station. Slots can be 1 hour, 30 minutes, or 15 minutes.