Sky field module has grown up from Node field module (http://drupal.org/project/node_field).
It provides wider and more flexible functionality.
Sky field module allows you to add unique custom fields to any single drupal entity (node, user, comment and etc).
It's not connected to fields module, so different entities of one entity type can have absolutely different sets of custom fields.
This module helps you organizing (and, well, kinda obfuscating) outgoing links from your site. There are different reasons why one would want to do so, e.g.:
- You do not want to know the target sites' owners where exactly from your site their visitors come.
- You want to add an explicit disclaimer to all links (a function very appreciated by site owners in internet and link phobic countries or those with too much internet lawyers all around, like e.g. Germany).
- You are polite enough to wave good bye each single user.
This module consists of two (D7)/four (D6) components:
- An input format filter.
- Additional display formats for link fields (which also work with views).
- A simple user profile field filter (D6 only; not needed in D7).
- An experimental "overall page content filter" (D6 only; unsuitable in D7).
This module is the result of the discussions around a requested feature to allow an image field to be displayed with a link to a custom URL:
It seems many attempts and implementations have already been proposed:
- Link Image Field
- Link Image Formatter
- Other solutions: Custom Formatters:
#1397700: [SOLVED} Error in src in Image formatter for link field or through theming options.
- Indirect solution through the setup of Linked Field with Tokens [Requires: Field Formatter Settings].