- Drupal contributions
I'm a strategist for a media company that owns newspapers, radio stations, a very large book publishing company, and other media holdings in the United States and Europe.
Early in 2005, I used Drupal to create BlufftonToday.com, a community website that was one of the first newspaper applications of Drupal and opened many eyes to the potential of Drupal. Since then we've adopted Drupal as our preferred core platform and we're deploying a Drupal-based site management system to all 13 of our daily newspapers.
I speak and teach at journalism conferences and workshops around the world, and recommend Drupal as a solution to implement the "participative model" that I advocate for local news sites.
I'm an administrator for the Newspapers on Drupal group.
I'm on Twitter as @yelvington.
- I contributed Drupal modules
- I contributed to Drupal issue queues
- I help in the Drupal support forums
- I attended DrupalCon Barcelona 2007
- Full name
- Steve Yelvington
- Languages spoken
- My website
- Community building, Social networking, Journalism, blogging, travel
- United States
- Job title
- Internet strategist
- Industries worked in
- Newspaper, publishing, internet, broadcasting
- Companies worked for
- Morris DigitalWorks, Newhouse, Cox, McClatchy, Cowles, CBS
- Member for
- 8 years 13 weeks