- Drupal contributions
- Roles in working with Drupal
- Information architect, graphic designer, copy writer and editor, site builder., Currently learning to create themes.
- I provide Drupal-related services
- I attended DrupalCon San Francisco 2010
- Full name
- Chris Laning
- Languages spoken
- Danish; English; French; German
- My website
- United States
I am a graphic designer, writer, and website designer with more than 20 years of experience in creative design and publishing. I've used both Windows and Mac systems daily for many years, and I have more than 15 years of extensive experience with Adobe Creative Suite and its predecessors (including PageMaker, Photoshop, Acrobat Distiller, Illustrator and InDesign). I have equal experience with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and MS Access.
In print publications, I have done everything from nametags to magazines to logo and identity design, calendars, copywriting, event signage, ads and press releases. In both my most recent full-time jobs I have been a one-person publications department, taking projects from initial concept brainstorming and relationships with clients, all the way through to proofreading, pre-press, delivery to the printer and press checks. Printers have repeatedly complimented me on my clean and competently produced material.
I'm currently working part-time as a web designer and site content manager, which I find is a very useful extension of my print design experience. Some sites I have designed include:
http://bayareaskating.com (designed logo and website)
- Job title
- Content wrangler
- Current company or organization
- Industries worked in
- Print design, Print production, Logo design, Writing, Editing, Magazine publishing, Website design
- Over 10 edits
- Member for
- 4 years 1 week