- Drupal contributions
I naively built several websites using Drupal and made a small financial donation from the fees I charged my clients. Best I can do until I have any technical thing worthwhile to contribute!
Whilst I have submitted a few patches; had a patch committed; filed a few bug reports; tried to clarify or simplify any documentation where it might possibly improve things; and participated in a documentation sprint for the Omega theme module, I don't yet feel I know my way around Drupal well enough - nor indeed, as a part-time web site designer, builder, systems administrator, do I realistically have the resources - to contribute as I would like to technically.
- Roles in working with Drupal
- Designer, Site builder, Interaction designer, Website Administrator, Systems administrator, Enthusiast
- I contributed Drupal patches
- I contributed to Drupal issue queues
- I contributed to Drupal.org
- I contributed Drupal documentation
- I provide Drupal-related services
- I attended DrupalCon London 2011
- Full name
- Iain Houston
- Languages spoken
- English; French
- My website
- music - contemporary - especially from the jazz and blues traditions.
- United Kingdom
- IRC nick
- Facebook page
- Twitter url
I am a musician and composer. I play tenor and soprano saxophones, but in a previous life I was one of the founding architects of IBM's Websphere product; working on CICS as a programmer and designer for many years at the IBM Hursley Lab. and in a collaboration with Oxford University (Queens's Award for Technological Achievement); Newcastle University; and with the IBM Research Division.
I worked with the OMG as editor of its Object Transaction Service (OTS) that was the basis of the Java Transaction service (JTS) and was technical lead of the OMG's "Extended Transaction Service" - a generalised transaction service for long-running distributed business transactions etc. - called the Activity Service.
Participating in the Open Source community and designing and building websites is a relatively recent interest which has come about as a result of being asked to build websites by several musicians, small businesses and not-for-profit organisations.
- Job title
- Designer, Developer, Musician
- Current company or organization
- Industries worked in
- Music, Computing Research & Development
- Companies worked for
- IBM, Ronnie Scott's
- Over 5 edits
- Member for
- 3 years 35 weeks
- MediaFront (1 commit)
- Total: 1 commit