- Drupal contributions
Board Member at the Atlanta Drupal Users Group (ADUG). Publicist for the Drupal 7 press release announcement and host of the announce party in Atlanta. Publicist for the Atlanta Drupal Business Summit and past DrupalCamp Atlanta events. Speaker at DrupalCamp and ADUG. Attendee at DrupalCon in DC, Chicago, San Francisco, Paris and Copenhagen. Fanboy.
- Roles in working with Drupal
- Site owner, Site builder, Project Manager, Publicity, Evangelist, Local Board Member ADUG
- I contributed to Drupal issue queues
- I provide Drupal-related services
- I will attend DrupalCon Prague 2013
- I attended DrupalCon San Francisco 2010
- I attended DrupalCon DC 2009
- I attended DrupalCon Paris 2009
- I attended DrupalCon Copenhagen 2010
- I attended DrupalCon Chicago 2011
- I will attend DrupalCon Portland 2013
- Full name
- Jim Caruso
- First or given name
- Last name or surname
- Languages spoken
- English; French; Spanish
- My website
- Guy from Earth. Global technology evangelist. Creator of opportunities and customers. Writer, deal-maker, engineer, speaker, and enabler of multi-cultural, multi-national teams. Early adopter. Dangerously technical. Interested in semantic Web, social media, blogging, CMS/blog engines, quality, lead generation, and everything tech. Enjoy speedy, W3C-complaint Web sites. Proponent of the Open Web, and Internet Freedom, transparency, and liberty. Advocate for good. "global citizen, tech freak"
- United States
- IRC nick
- Facebook page
- Twitter url
- Google profile URL
Marketing strategist and CEO at MediaFirst, a metro Atlanta marketing agency providing inbound marketing, social media, public relations, and affordable websites for lead generation.
Jim maintains alignment of business activities with strategic intent for his firm and its clients. Internally, his concerns are strategy, lead gen, process, execution, and quality. He has business experience in telecom, computing, new media, and the Web/Internet. This experience contributes to a deep understanding of how high technology affects business trends, the positioning of high technology solutions in the industry, and the product development lifecycle. As a speaker, Jim engaged audiences from technical and executive roundtables to more than 1000 conference attendees across the Americas, Asia, Europe, and the Pacific.
- Job title
- CEO & Chair
- Current company or organization
- Industries worked in
- Telecom, new media, & IT., Sales & Marketing of IT and telecom hardware, software, and services., Sales Management. Marketing Management. Lead Generation., Project Management for IT and GIS projects. Managed multi-national project teams., Engineering: product engineering, production engineering, and manufacturing engineering., Social Media, connect on, Twitter: @jimcaruso http://www.Twiter.com/jimcaruso ;, LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/jimcaruso ;, Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/jimcaruso.
- Companies worked for
- IBM;, Scientific-Atlanta (now Cisco Systems);, My companies: MediaFirst PR - Atlanta; InfraStructure Data Management International, Inc.; Telecom Alley, Inc.
- Member for
- 6 years 30 weeks