Last updated June 19, 2011.
Below are the principles we will follow when developing HTML5 functionality for Drupal.
- Support older browsers.
- Lean into the diversity of devices.
- Maintain existing functionality.
- Be accessible.
- Get semantic.
- Fulfill the common use case, not the edge case.
- Mimic XHTML. Be HTML.
- Value findability. Not mythology.
- Value practicality over purity.
- Support evolution.
Jen Simmons presented these principals to the core development team at Drupalcon Chicago in March 2011. To watch the video of this talk and see the slides, visit: http://jensimmons.com/presentations/lets-html5ify-drupal/drupalcon-chicago.