When you have chosen the fixed layout, the fixed layout stays also on the printed pages, which can mess it up. I therefor suggest adding the id's and classes from the layout-fixed.css/layout-fixed-rtl.css which have a fixed width to the section "/* Un-float the content */".

/* Un-float the content */
#content,
#content .section,
#page-wrapper,
.no-sidebars #content,
.sidebar-first #content,
.sidebar-second #content,
.two-sidebars #content {
  float: none;
  width: 100%;
  margin: 0 !important;
  padding: 0 !important;
}

Comments

The file that should be changed is zen-internals/css/print.css.

Sorry, I think the following would be better (note the !important on the width):

/* Un-float the content */
#content,
#content .section,
#page-wrapper {
  float: none;
  width: 100% !important;
  margin: 0 !important;
  padding: 0 !important;
}

Category:bug» feature
Status:Active» Needs work

Hey, that's a really good idea!

Can you provide a patch for this? :-)

I was also thinking about if it would be a better idea to have the fixed stylesheet only be loaded on media screen(/projection) and not on all (and therefor also on the print). Do you think this Will be a solution?

Haven't made a patch before, but I can figure it out I guess. But maybe first agree on which solution is best..? :)

have the fixed stylesheet only be loaded on media screen(/projection)

Hmm… that might work, but would need a bunch of testing, cross-browser, mobile, etc. before I would feel confident it would work properly.

Adding some reset styles inside the print.css is more easily tested.

As for creating patches for Zen using Git:
http://drupal.org/node/88566/git-instructions
http://drupal.org/patch/create

I read the articles about patches; though I used the Windows GUI tool rather than the commands there, so I hope I did everything correct. But as far as I understand, I have committed the patches (one for the STARTERKIT/css/print.css and one for zen-internals/css/print.css).

Can you confirm? ;)

And I did them on the 7.x-3.x branch, is that enough?

kristofer, did you intend to attach a patch file to your previous post? It looks like you forgot to attach it before you posted.

But no worries. That happens to the best of us, really.

Hmm, no – I thought I had sent it through Git. If I go to my Git GUI > Repository > Visualize 7.3-3.x's History, it looks like this: http://screencast.com/t/MDSiUMiunSrz with my two commits on the top.

Was it not the correct way to do it..?

kristofer, those changes exist only in the copy of the repository on your computer. That's a big difference between distributed version control systems like Git, Mercurial and Bazaar, and centralized ones like CVS or SVN. If you had the proper permissions, you could push those changes to the repository on Drupal.org, at which time they'd become available to everyone; but right now only you can see them. If you don't have push permissions, you must create a patch which contains the changes you've made in your repository. [See this page for more information](http://drupal.org/node/707484).

Please, let's not start with !important declarations. They are last resorts, shouldn't popup at all on base themes (see http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2007/07/27/css-specificity-things-you-sh... for more on css sith powers, err, specificity ). If the proposed original solution works, please stick with it.

Version:7.x-3.0» 7.x-6.x-dev
Component:CSS/HTML markup» layout.css