I need some guidance on working out what could be the problem with the xmlsitemap on one of my sites.

I have 6.x-2.0-beta2 installed on multiple sites. On most of them the sitemap has multiple sitemap entries in it, each of which resolves to a sitemap with multiple url entries, in other words a proper sitemap. On one of my sites the sitemap has one url entry only despite the site having thousands of nodes.

On the bad site I've disabled and unstalled then re-enabled the module several times. The last time, taking a cue from the .install files, I also deleted all variables whose name include "xmlsitemap". I had hoped that by starting it over from scratch that it would reset xmlsitemap on that site so it could re-initialize properly.

This and my other sites did previously have the Google Sitemap module installed. The conversion to xmlsitemap was a long time ago. I don't know/remember if this site ever successfully used the xmlsitemap module.

bad site:

$ curl -f http://davidherron.com/sitemap.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="/sitemap.xsl"?>
<urlset xmlns="http://www.sitemaps.org/schemas/sitemap/0.9">
<url><loc>http://davidherron.com/</loc><changefreq>daily</changefreq><priority>1.0</priority></url>
</urlset>

good site:

$ curl -f http://www.7gen.com/sitemap.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="/sitemap.xsl"?>
<sitemapindex xmlns="http://www.sitemaps.org/schemas/sitemap/0.9">
<sitemap><loc>http://www.7gen.com/sitemap.xml?page=1</loc><lastmod>2011-04-25T19:00Z</lastmod></sitemap>
<sitemap><loc>http://www.7gen.com/sitemap.xml?page=2</loc><lastmod>2011-04-25T19:00Z</lastmod></sitemap>
</sitemapindex>

Comments

I should have read #803756: No XML sitemaps available - There are currently no XML sitemap contexts available. more closely as they described the behavior I'm seeing.

FWIW:- This site did at one time have domain access installed, but it is not currently installed

FWIW:- I just tried deleting the sitemap and create a new one, and I must say the message about "no XML sitemap contexts available" is more than confusing and understandably can be read as an error message, even though you say it is not one.

FWIW:- I see "excluded" in every row of the tables in the Settings tabs.. hurm.. Just edited a couple of the content types, in each the XML Sitemap item included a combobox w/ Excluded chosen, changing that to Included, and then did drush xmlsitemap-index and it indexed 100 items. Then did drush xmlsitemap-regenerate and now the sitemap file has entries in it.

Status:Active» Closed (duplicate)