On a Drupal 7.1 installation with several languages ("/admin/config/regional/language"), the editor provided by the CKEditor 7.x-1.1 module does not follow the user language (which can be setup by the user via "/user").

The editor still uses english only for the icons captions.

CKEditor in configured via "/admin/config/content/ckeditor/edit/Full", and the setup done is :
- Language : English
- Auto-detect language : Enabled

Comments

Status:Active» Postponed (maintainer needs more info)

CKEditor library not using user defined language in Drupal, but auto-detect user browser language and use it - so if u try to check this in browser with english language u will get this language in the editor, if u have browser with german language u also will have CKEditor translated to german language...

We never get feature request issue to do something like this, but i don't know does it needed here in this case?
Maybe other people say what they think about feature like this...

Greetings

In my opinion (but this is only my opinion), it would make sense to use the user defined language in Drupal since Drupal offers that feature (and it would several different language detection in a same CMS).

Thus, many people are ignoring the fact they can setup their prefered language page in browser settings.

I don't say you have to (because this is your module, not mine), drop auto-detect user browser language and use only user defined language in Drupal.

I think the solution would be to add a select box (or radio) to allow choosing the prefered user language detection :
- Browser language
- User language Drupal setting

Default setting should then be "Browser language" to avoid breaking existing setup.

As said by dczepierga : other people opinions are welcome !

Regards,

Can you tell if the implementation of that feature would take a lot of time ?

If you can give some tips (for example, where it is possible to change CKEditor configuration settings before the editor is rendered), I could implement them, or build another module.

I see something like this :
- If the language detection is set on "Browser language", no changes
- If the language detection is set on "User language Drupal setting", I would disable auto-detect and force the editor language with the Drupal user language.

Regards,

Status:Postponed (maintainer needs more info)» Needs review
StatusFileSize
new2.26 KB

Hi,
I can see that it also happens on Drupal 6.
The CKEditor only gives you two options to deal with localization:
Force a language, that you can choose, or auto-detect the browser
language.
I've added one more option, to get the Drupal language.
Patch is attached.

@caiosba, thanks for the patch!!! It worked smoothly.

[EDITED]
Sorry, I forgot this important information:
CKEditor 6.x-1.x-dev (2012-Jan-05)
CKEditor (library) 3.6.2

@soulfroys thank you for review.

Version:7.x-1.1» 6.x-1.9
Status:Needs review» Reviewed & tested by the community

@caiosba, thanks for the work done !

The same problem arises with CKEditor installed via the WYSIWYG module - can anyone help me out ?

On a site with multilingual content, and hence authors contributing in a variety of languages, it is really very important that the editor interface reflects each authors preferred language.

Thanks,

(I'm new to Drupal by the way)

Please... Will this patch be committed?
[EDITED]
Need to be fixed in D7 first...

StatusFileSize
new1.96 KB

Re-rolled against the latest dev (2013-Jan-11).
Credits: @caiosba in #4).

Status:Reviewed & tested by the community» Needs review

Well, I tried making the porting but no success... :(

Version:6.x-1.9» 7.x-1.x-dev

StatusFileSize
new1.81 KB

d7 port against 7.x-1.13, very lightly tested

I just tested your patch StephenN works great for me. Thanks.

StatusFileSize
new985 bytes

Hi, everyone!
We have the same problem that ckeditor language detection is enabled but does not work. All plugin labels stay untranslated.
After research i've committed patch with two small changes.
The first one is in the ckeditor.lib.inc file. There is a check if auto-language detection is off, but the problem is that they do nothing in the other case. So, i added else statement that assigns the current site language from the global language variable.

The second change is in the media plugin.js file. We need this plugin label translated. So, our solution was to add Drupal.t function to media plugin label and to update .po file with the needed string. The last was necessary because this js file is executed dynamically and the string was not recorded to the database and then did not appear in the translation interface.