While testing the upgrade path on a couple of machines of mine (both Windows-equipped) I get the attached error.

The first one I tried the upgrade on has the following AMP stack on Windows XP:

Apache 2.2.17
MySQL 5.5.8
PHP 5.3.5

The second one has the following AMP stack on Windows 7:

- Apache 2.2.11
- MySQL 5.1.33
- PHP 5.2.9

Attached you can find the D6 test database I was using for the upgrade. I'll try to investingate when I have more time.

Files: 
CommentFileSizeAuthor
#3 upgrade-1245980-3.patch519 bytesplach
PASSED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] 35,769 pass(es).
[ View ]
drupal_6x.sql_.zip80.39 KBplach
d6upgradewin.png16.46 KBplach

Comments

I saw this this morning and having finally finished rebuilding my pc after a hard disk failure, I'll try and take a look at this issue over the next couple of days on an xampp stack.

Additional detail: the OS running on the first machine is Windows XP SP3, while the second machine has Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit SP1.

Status:Active» Needs review
StatusFileSize
new519 bytes
PASSED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] 35,769 pass(es).
[ View ]

The attached patch fixes the issue: it seems that, only on my Windows boxes (I tested the db attached in the OP on Linux and everything went well), the schema changes in taxonomy_update_7001() are not picked up and make user_update_7006() (which btw triggers an entity_get_info() call by calling user_permission_get_modules()!) fail.

The reason why all of this happens only on Windows is beyond me. Would love if someone more into the update system could explain this.

Status:Needs review» Active

Can recreate on windows 7 64 bit xampp.

Status:Active» Needs review

Have appled patch in #3 and the update now completes.

I can't offer any insight to why this is but rtbc from me assuming the test is green.

Status:Needs review» Reviewed & tested by the community

Status:Reviewed & tested by the community» Needs review

There's a critical, rtbc issue in the queue for user_update_7006(), please see if that fixes it.

Title:Error while upgrading from a plain D6 install to D7 on WindowsOutdated static schema cache while upgrading from a plain D6 install to D7 on Windows
Status:Needs review» Active

@catch:

The patch in #1234834: 'module' column of role_permission table is not populated on upgrades fixes this, but I don't think it's the same issue: it just avoids it to happen. The problem I was able to track here is that on Windows the static cache of drupal_get_schema() holds different values than on Linux.

Status:Active» Closed (duplicate)

Avoiding it to happen is exactly what that issue is about. I bet a ton more issues are duplicate.

I'm only afraid this could come up in some other form elsewhere, since it might not be strictly related to the upgrade path.