This section contains documentation for the Search API module. This module is designed to replace the core "Search" module with a flexible framework that can be easily customized and extended. For a detailed description, refer to the project page linked above.
The module is currently only available for Drupal 7.
Also, here are some links to external materials and documentation:
- 2010 screencast demonstrating the module's features and how to set things up
- AJAXified search facets with Views and Panels
- Discussions about performance (compared to apachesolr)
- How to setup Search API with Apache Solr
- Adding custom fields to a search index
- This session from Drupalcon Munich with a setup tutorial
- A similar session in Prague with a live demo