When enabling the module with media 7.x-2.x it throws the above error and its also impossible to remove.

Comments

Status:Active» Needs review
StatusFileSize
new3.59 KB

Patch moves the class out of the module code into a separate file, handling the loading via the .info file.

This patch worked for me.

Version:7.x-1.x-dev» 7.x-1.0-beta1

worked for me too but I did get a warning

git apply 13*patch
warning: media_archive.info has type 100644, expected 100755

yeah the module files should not be executable, but unfortunately they are. that would be a separate issue though.

I took the patch a bit further. It still needs work, but a live demo and patch are available here.

This fixes a lot of issues, file permissions, reworked the whole module to be more in line with the other media modules, still needs a lot of work, but at least it's working on media 1.x and 2.x.

The patch from #1 let me enable the module without it breaking the site.

Actually scratch that, it didn't work. @Rob which version of the module did you write your patch for?

@ryanissamson

Current media_archive git 7.x-1.x.

The patch on my site is updated every hour, i implemented HTML5 player yesterday, it's not finished, but it should apply to 7.x-1.x without a problem. I'm working on that site almost every day. (at least i try to do a bit of work every day) And it's all GPLv2 on my site, so take it all for a spin if you like :)

All modules that you see enabled on my site should be media 1.x and 2.x compatible. (at least at this moment, this will change.)

StatusFileSize
new96.98 KB

Thanks @Rob for the information. That patch didn't apply with a normal git apply so I rerolled it against the latest 7.x-1.x version and am attaching it.

@ryanissamson

Looking good, might add some more bits later on, but at least we'r getting somewhere :)

StatusFileSize
new98.19 KB

This still needs work, has the html5 player / flash fallback implemented as a test, should apply clean and basic functions should just work for videos. It 'should' work with media 1.x and 2.x. (at least, i expect it does at this stage)

Status:Needs review» Fixed

These changes have been committed. I've rolled a beta2 release since beta1 wasn't usable. Please use the current version for future patches and open new issues. I'm using this module again so I should be able to test and commit more quickly.

Ok great! I am currently working on re-implementing the old style embed and a check that's also in 6.x-2.x, see
http://drupalcode.org/project/media_archive.git/blob/refs/heads/6.x-2.x:...
and related code. Currently it does not work for all videos, i'll hope to have a patch ready by the end of next week that deals with this.

Status:Fixed» Closed (fixed)

Automatically closed -- issue fixed for 2 weeks with no activity.