FB Likebox checks if a URL is valid by using the drupal valid_url() function. Facebook pages may contain not only latin but greek letters too since this is supported by modern browsers. For urls with greek characters valid_url() returns false. As stated in valid_url documentation I also tried to drupal_urlencode() the $fb_url variable before executing valid_url() but this didn't work either. As a result, in order to create a facebook like box I had to comment out the if(valid_url($fb_url,TRUE)) section. It most probably isn't a FB Likebox issue but a Drupal issue but since it does affect this module, I thought I'd better write it here.

Comments

Thanks vensires,

Yes, I think this is an issue with this function. I have been taking a quick look, and I have found something similar with the module link (http://drupal.org/node/733640), but I am not sure if it has been reported for the core module that takes care of this function.
If it is not, we should try to report it there.

Thanks a lot,

David

It's always a pleasure to work on debugging modules when I can :)
As for the valid_url() problem I see there is a patch for the core in http://drupal.org/node/124492#comment-1196825. I'm not going to test it anytime soon, but in case you step on this problem until someone commits it to the core, just know that there is a solution.

Status:Active» Closed (works as designed)

Thanks vensires!,

I am going to close the ticket then and mark it as "works as designed".

Regards,

David