Problem/Motivation

Boring in the train and frustrated to be able to only use 'one' or 'all fields' for displaying the description, I made a small but efficient patch who allows you to use "view modes" for displaying data in the description field.

Proposed resolution

Just as the option <entire row>, I added a new option for the description select form: <entire node>
I've also added a new select form, allowing us to choose which rendering mode we want.
Check the screenshot.

Remaining tasks

It's done.

User interface changes

Just a new select form in the style's settings.

API changes

No API changes.

Original report by Pol

Files: 
CommentFileSizeAuthor
#3 0001-1365768-Use-view-nodes-and-Display-Suite-for-renderi.patch3.49 KBPol
PASSED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] 236 pass(es).
[ View ]
#2 snapshot11.png67.16 KBPol
#1 1365768-Use-view-nodes-and-Display-Suite-for-rendering-the-s.patch3.33 KBPol
PASSED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] 236 pass(es).
[ View ]

Comments

StatusFileSize
new3.33 KB
PASSED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] 236 pass(es).
[ View ]

Patch for 7.x-2.x attached.

StatusFileSize
new67.16 KB

Screenshot

Issue summary:View changes

Syntax

StatusFileSize
new3.49 KB
PASSED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] 236 pass(es).
[ View ]

Updated.

Component:OL Styles» OL Views

Thanks for the patch, Pol.

You were missing some logic around where to put the rendered object. So, I added a bit to it. Commit is here:
http://drupalcode.org/project/openlayers.git/commit/ffd35ee

Please test this out when you have a chance.

Status:Needs review» Needs work

Hello @zollo,

Your patch breaks Openlayers, I'm looking for a solution.

edit: sorry forget what I just say, it was because of something in Display Suite.

Status:Needs work» Reviewed & tested by the community

It's working good ;)

Status:Reviewed & tested by the community» Fixed

Awesome. Thanks again, Pol. Closing...

Status:Fixed» Needs work

I got a weird behavior with this and maybe we should think to another way of working and probably a new patch.

If your location is a node_reference, the rendered node will be the referenced node instead of the node.

Status:Needs work» Closed (fixed)

Ok this is fixed by adding the Content:'nid' of the original node.

Issue summary:View changes

Updates.