Because of changes introduced by #942782: Custom menus never receive an active trail and committed to upstream, all TMT versions from 7.x-1.x branch will be incompatible with the next release of Drupal core. It is possible to change static cache hack in TMT so it will work again, but there are new API methods introduced in Drupal 7.9 and it's time to use them. This will be implemented in 7.x-2.x branch.

Comments

Title:Taxonomy Menu Trails will not work with Drupal 7.11Drupal 7.11+ breaks Taxonomy Menu Trails

Status:Active» Needs review

Please check 7.x-2.x-dev with Drupal 7.11+ and report here about any issues comparing to 7.x-1.x with previous core versions.

Title:Drupal 7.11+ breaks Taxonomy Menu TrailsDrupal 7.12+ breaks Taxonomy Menu Trails

Drupal 7.11 is a security release, so 7.x-1.x is still compatible with it.

Version:7.x-1.x-dev» 7.x-2.x-dev

Hello,

How is this issue coming along? I have installed this module with D12 and it doesn't seem to work? Am I doing something wrong or are there still problems with the 2.x-dev version?

Hello -sam-,

7.x-2.x-dev should work with D7.12, but there are problems with breadcrumb. Because of static cache hacks we used in 7.x-1.x the breadcrumb was set automatically. But 7.x-2.x uses stable API now, which affect menu active trail only, but not breadcrumb. So, to keep behavior of 7.x-1.x, I've implemented breadcrumb setting, but it still need work. The plan is to finish it on the next weekend. See #1419154: Breadcrumb is not getting set

About your problem. Are you upgrading from Taxonomy Menu Trails 7.x-1.x or just installing 7.x-2.x?

Hello Dmitriy.trt,

Thank you for the swift reply.
My main problem is not the breadcrumbs but the whole 'expanding' thing not working. I just installed the 2.x-dev from scratch, and noticed my menu doesn't stay expanded when I navigate to a node attached to a certain menu item.
Some more info: I made my menu manually (so not through some taxonomy menu module) and linked each li to a taxonomy term page. Structure is two levels deep. My nodes themselves are not attached to a menu item (but do have a term reference field, obviously). Am I missing something here? Normally this setup should work, right?

Thanks for the help,
Sam

It should work fine for manually created menus. Did you enable Taxonomy Menu Trails for taxonomy reference fields on node type settings page (vertical tab)?

Yes I did.

I am making use of custom breadcrumbs (override through theme function in template.php) at the moment, but that shouldn't matter right? Didn't seem to make much of a difference when I disabled that custom function, anyway.

Anything else you can think of that might be causing the problem?

Thanks,
Sam

Custom Breadcrumbs is not the reason of this problem, however didn't tested it yet.

Menu items have paths "taxonomy/term/[tid]", right?

I think I figured it out. I was using a menu other than the main menu, resulting in my breadcrumbs not being set. I've installed Menu Breadcrumb to fix this.
So this was not a problem of Taxonomy Menu Trails, sorry for the confusion. And again, thanks for the help.

2 -sam-:
TMT must set breadcrumb for any menu, it is not limited to the main or system menus.

I have installed the 7.x-2.x-dev TMT along with Taxonomy menu 7.x-1.2+16-dev on D7.12 and it works fine. The only small issue would be that while on the node page the link to the corresponding term looses its highlight (but the menu expands as it should). I think it would be nicer to keep the link to the term highlighted while on the corresponding node page. Thanks for the work.

2 gebiss:
Thanks for positive feedback! Stable 7.x-2.0 version will be released on the next Saturday or Sunday if no critical bugs will be found and breadcrumb feature will be finished.

About "highlighted" links... we really need FAQ for this module, because it is one of the most frequently asked questions. Highlighted links have "active" class, it is set by l() function when link path is equal to current page path. We can't change current page path without negative effects in core and contributed modules. So, if you want to have highlighted active trail just hack into your theme and apply some styling to links with "active-trail" class. If you have any other solution to this problem, please let me know.

Many thanks Dmitriy.trt. I added styling and it works as it should ;-)

Status:Needs review» Fixed

7.x-2.0 is released.

Status:Fixed» Closed (fixed)

Automatically closed -- issue fixed for 2 weeks with no activity.

Issue summary:View changes

Fixing typos.