All updates are throwing an error after upgrading from Drupal core 6.22 to 7.10.
Error:
“uc_catalog module
Update #7003
Failed: FieldException: Attempt to create field name taxonomy_catalog which already exists and is active. in field_create_field() (line 85 of /home/site/sd/demo/www/modules/field/field.crud.inc).”
Commenting out the uc_catalog_update_7003 function in ubercart/uc_catalog/uc_catalog.install take the error away and let the update run till the end.

Comments

Am I missing something obvious, or is it completely retarded to have update 7003 rename a field that was created in update 7004?

I understand rtl (right to left)...

But counting backwards?!

Nevermind.

7004 was an update from the taxonomy module.

But this same thing screwed up in my upgrade from drupal 6.25 to 7.12.

Status:Active» Closed (cannot reproduce)

Unable to reproduce this, it likely is very dependent on your configuration prior to the upgrade. If you managed to track down the source of this, please provide more info and we may be able to handle it in the upgrade path.

I am getting this and am not sure how to fix. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Version:7.x-3.0» 7.x-3.3
Status:Closed (cannot reproduce)» Active

Also getting this the drush error is:

The following updates are pending:

uc_catalog module :
7003 - Renames Catalog taxonomy reference field created in taxonomy_update_7004().
7004 - Delete unused catalog description.
7005 - Delete unused catalog settings.
7006 - Delete unused catalog name variable.

Do you wish to run all pending updates? (y/n): y
Attempt to create field name taxonomy_catalog which already exists and is active. [error]

Status:Active» Postponed (maintainer needs more info)

You need to provide all the detail about your situation in order to make it possible to troubleshoot this.

Exactly what version are you upgrading from? What drush command are you running? Does "taxonomy_catalog" exist before your upgrade? Are you running any other modules that might affect this? What other information can you provide?

sorry this is updating from d6 (ubercart latest) to d7 as the original poster noted (thought that was implied...)...
the drush command is dbup

I fixed this by simply removing the taxonomy_catalog field from its related associations and then deleting the field.... Update progressed fine after that...

Status:Postponed (maintainer needs more info)» Fixed

Glad you got it.

Status:Fixed» Closed (fixed)

Automatically closed -- issue fixed for 2 weeks with no activity.

Status:Closed (fixed)» Active

I have same issue. The taxonomy_catalog field already exists so creating it again causes the update to fail.

This is moving from D6.28/UC2.11 to D7.21/UC3.4

Version:7.x-3.3» 7.x-3.4
Status:Active» Postponed (maintainer needs more info)

Unable to reproduce this; if this is still an issue please report exactly which update fails, as there should be checks around each field_create_field() call now to avoid exactly this problem.

Status:Postponed (maintainer needs more info)» Closed (cannot reproduce)

If you can reproduce this issue moving to the latest 7.x-3.x-dev, please contact me privately so I can get a copy of the database that causes the problem.

I upgraded from Drupal 6 to 7.23 and have also received these same error messages regarding the taxonomy_catalog field. I ended up rebuilding my store from scratch and dropping most/all Ubercart-related tables from my database, including the entry for the taxonomy_catalog field. However I'm now having another, more serious problem which I have been unable to solve: I can't add products to my catalog or edit the existing ones. If I go to make changes and I submit them, I'm redirected back to the default product list view, and the changes aren't there. If I edit an existing product the time stamp changes indicating changes have been made, but the changes themselves are nowhere to be found.