Hi!
When I use the standard search module to search for page content I always get "Your search yielded no results". Searching for users works as normal though.

I have double checked that permissions are correctly set and that 100% of the site is indexed. I have also confirmed that the mysql permissions include create temporary tables.

When running cron through the drupal interface I get a long list of warning messages: "Warning: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace]: Compilation failed: disallowed Unicode code point (>= 0xd800 && <= 0xdfff) at offset 2102 in search_simplify() (line 445 of /www/webvol2/q7/6sziykcxbhyj95o/hem.skyrev.se/public_html/modules/search/search.module)." This message is repeated several hundred times and seems to be related to my problem (since it refers to the search module).

Any ideas on what's going on?

A second question: My client has requested that contents of pdfs be included in the search results. First I have to get the search function to work of course but if anyone has suggestions on how to do this once search works I'd be grateful for that information as well.

Comments

Found this thread which relates to the same issue. There are several patches but I couldn't figure out which one I should use and I don't know how to apply it. Looking at one of them it seemed that the only thing it did was changing the text "\x{D800}" in includes/unicode.inc to "\x{E000}". I tried doing this manually and now searching works again! I just hope this solution does not cause any other unexpected errors.

Followed your directions and appears problem fixed. Thanks very much. ArcticXplorer

ArcticXplorer

Hi,

I also Facing same issue but I change D800 to E000, But this is showing same error:
Warning: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace]: Compilation failed: disallowed Unicode code point (>= 0xd800 && <= 0xdfff) at offset 2102 in search_simplify() (line 445 of /home/content/10/10744210/html/modules/search/search.module).

$@n