I've installed Meta Tags Quick a few months ago and have been trying to troubleshoot this issue since. I have built my site with three main categories and several sub categories. It seems that any node/page that is in the domain or first level of the path works fine and the meta keywords and other fields are displayed. However, if the second level page is displayed, the meta keywords and other fields are not. See the list below. This is hampering my SEO. Please help.

Settings: General
Use path-based meta tags

Settings: Path Based Metatags
/cloud-services
/cloud-services/*

I use URL alias's on each page to keep these in in categories.

Thanks,

Jim

Files: 
CommentFileSizeAuthor
#4 1542414.patch1.41 KBvalthebald

Comments

I should add that some of these pages existed before I installed, some are new and others have been recreated and I get the same results.

Issue summary:View changes

Sorry, wrong status on the last link

Might it be as simple as making a URL based one for /cloud-services/*/* ?

Tried that suggestion, no go... still getting the same (non) results.

Version:7.x-2.4» 7.x-2.x-dev
Status:Active» Fixed
StatusFileSize
new1.41 KB

Fixed in -dev (or you can grab attached patch)

Ok...I downloaded the DEV code and installed it and it is still failing.

Here is a source code for the page that does not work: (http://www.aureusitsolutions.com/cloud-services/hosted-exchange)

<head profile="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml/vocab">
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
<meta about="/cloud-services/hosted-exchange" property="sioc:num_replies" content="0" datatype="xsd:integer" />
<link rel="shortcut icon" href="http://www.aureusitsolutions.com/sites/default/files/Aureus_Logo_3DSM.gif" type="image/gif" />
<meta content="Hosted Exchange" about="/cloud-services/hosted-exchange" property="dc:title" />
<link rel="shortlink" href="/node/55" />
<meta name="Generator" content="Drupal 7 (http://drupal.org)" />
<link rel="canonical" href="/cloud-services/hosted-exchange" />
  <title>Hosted Exchange | Aureus IT Solutions</title>

And here is the source code for the page that does (http://www.aureusitsolutions.com/cloud-services):

<head profile="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml/vocab">
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
<meta content="Cloud Services" about="/cloud-services" property="dc:title" />
<meta about="/cloud-services" property="sioc:num_replies" content="0" datatype="xsd:integer" />
<link rel="shortcut icon" href="http://www.aureusitsolutions.com/sites/default/files/Aureus_Logo_3DSM.gif" type="image/gif" />
<meta name="keywords" content="cloud services, cloud applications, hosted applications, hosted exchange, backup, back-up, voip" />
<meta name="copyright" content="Aureus IT Solutions, 2012" />
<meta name="Generator" content="Drupal 7 (http://drupal.org)" />
<link rel="canonical" href="/cloud-services" />
<link rel="shortlink" href="/node/62" />
<meta name="description" content="Let Aureus IT Solutions show you how to use the cloud to save your company money." />

The biggest differences in the rendering is that the META REL CANONICAL and the SHORTLINK are switched. I presume this is happening within the code as it is generating the HEADER. I am not sure which file or what it is looking for, it cannot be the node and I told it to use PATHs

Status:Fixed» Active

Status:Active» Fixed

After several attempts to fix this issue, I cannot say I have found the bug. I have, however, fixed it.

I moved from a windows IIS server to a CentOS Linux server. I created a back up of the site and did a migration. With no changes to the code, it works on the Linux OS and fails on the Windows OS.

Status:Fixed» Closed (fixed)

Automatically closed -- issue fixed for 2 weeks with no activity.

Issue summary:View changes

corrected URLs