I'm having an issue where Aurora does not seem to be creating the grid properly. First it is not creating the amount of colums I am setting in $total-cols according to the grid that gets displayed when I set $debug: true. No matter what, I see 12 columns. Second, the higher I set the $main-content-cols variable to small the entire page div gets. You can see at http://rfm.iamanoutlier.com that it makes the page div very small. Currently my _variables.scss looks like:

// Layout Setup
$total-cols: 16;
$main-content-cols: 13;
$sidebars: 1, 'left';
// Font Scaling
$font-scale: true;
$obj-scale: true;
// Debug Variables
$debug: true;

Which is generating what you see at the link. You'll also notice that I have $sidebars set to 1, 'left' and yet the sidebar appears below the main content. There appears to be no styling created to position that sidebar. If I set a $width, the grid acts better in that it become the width it should, but the sidebar still does not position itself.

I am running the latest version of compass, aura, and SASS (3.2 pre), and followed the instructions in the manual PDF that comes with the theme. One thing to note is that I am running a multi-side setup, and aurora and HTML5 themes are sitting in sites/all/themes, where as the subtheme for this site is sitting in sites/rfm.iamanoutlier.com/themes.

Any ideas as to what could be wrong?

Comments

Thought I would post my config.rb:

# Require any additional compass plugins here.
require 'aura'
require 'modular-scale'
# Set this to the root of your project when deployed:
http_path = "/sites/rfm.iamanoutlier.com/themes/onetwentyone"
css_dir = "css"
sass_dir = "sass"
images_dir = "/files/images"
javascripts_dir = "/files/js"

I should also note that I updated _base.scsss to accomendate for the different path of the base Aurora theme:

@import '../../../../../../all/themes/aurora/aurora/sass/partials/setup';
@import '../../../../../../all/themes/aurora/aurora/sass/partials/layout';

As the file was set with the assumption that aurora and my subtheme were sitting in the same directory, which they are not. Before I made this change I got compile errors saying that the files could not be found, now there are no compile errors whatsoever.

Category:bug» support

I've changed the theme on the link above. If you have a chance to take a look at this issue let me know and I'll create a clone of the site with the broken theme. Also changing this to support request as I suspect I am just doing something wrong.

I think I know the issue, and it should be fixed in the upcoming release.

Status:Active» Postponed

Big 'ol update to Aurora. The variables you're setting are no longer options for RC1, but I'm working on putting those that aren't in by default now in in the future. I'm going to postpone this fix until those are in.

Status:Postponed» Closed (won't fix)

Due to the direction change in Aurora, I'm marking this closed (won't fix)

Issue summary:View changes

Changed blockquote to code