The Drupal For Firebug extension stops populating firebug after updating to version 14 of Firefox. AFAIK there Firebug didn't update.
Me and my dev-team are experiencing the same.
I took a quick look and it looks like the browser parameter isn't passing correctly to the showPanel method. this might mean that mozillas changed the object returned by getBrowser.
I was planning a complete rewrite of the firefox extension. With DrupalCampLA coming up next week I don't really have the time to do this.
I would recommend that if you require this module [Drupal for Firebug] as part of your workflow, downgrade (or don't upgrade) Firefox for the time being.
Seems to be true with FF15 as well
Any update on this? It is hard to do without the working extension
(kinda off topic but are there any good alternatives ?)
I use dpm() from devel module.
It dumps data well formated as messages.
I am sorry this is taking so long. I have been really busy.
I have not pushed it yet, however, then next release of the Drupal module will not need a browser extension. I am not eliminating the extension, but I am making it optional.
Also, if you really need the an extension AFAIK the chrome extension still works. The change in the Mozilla API should not have changed that.
+1 on D6
I finally had the time to make some progress on this. If you want to follow my progress then follow the project for the Firefox extension over on bitbucket: https://bitbucket.org/frob/drupalforfirebug
Many thanks! Is the Bitbucket version already testable?
unfourtunatly no, currently the new (from the ground up) plugin registers itself with firebug and firefox; it displays the drupal tabs and subtabs. But it doesn't gather the data from the drupalforfirebug drupal module yet.
Once it is ready I will package it as an xpi and allow it to be downloaded from bitbucket while mozilla reviews the update. I should be done sometime this week.
So now the code on bitbucket is functional. I wouldn't call it testable -- still hanging around pre-alpha.
Before I we call it testable I need to do two things.
By all means though, If you know how to install from code a firefox plugin then please do so. It works just like the old one for the time being.
Thanks for the update. Will be the first in line to test it out. I feel so less-productive without this module.
I am moving this from bug to task and marking as needs review.
I will package up an xpi tonight. I opted to just throw out the expande/collaps functionality of the field sets. Its a little less user friendly but its working.
The latest release of the Firefox extension is awaiting review. You can download it from Mozilla's Developer Channel or from Bitbucket.
So something is broken in the xpi. I will fix this afternoon.
Okay, I didn't put the -r flag into zip when building the xpi. So even though the module was installing correctly with firefox firebug looked for the module and found that the module didn't do anything. This has been fixed.
Just tried version 2.1 and it seems to work ok.
Many thanks for giving us this invaluable tool back!
Hi, I´m getting:
"There were no messages sent to the general log. Please use "firep($item, $optional_title)" to output messages to this console."
in the Firebug panel.
I´m missing something?
eltioseba, could you please post a screenshot? That is what would come from the general Drupal > General tab, if you haven't sent any messages through to firep.
I also stumbled across that message first but e.g. the "Drupal > Forms" tab worked ok.
2.1 working up to the latest FF 17.0.1. Thank you.
Update: There's one tiny bug though. Fieldsets are not collapsible and though scrollable (through the mouse's scroll wheel), scrollbar is not visible as well.
Update 2: No search function. Can't see the search box anywhere.
you are correct. there is no search and no collapsable fieldset. This is as designed. I didn't think this should hold up the release. Nor do I tink that these are huge features. The next version will have a whole new feature set but that will require a rewrite of the drupal module as well and I think one rewrite is enough for now.
Automatically closed -- issue fixed for 2 weeks with no activity.
Drupal is a registered trademark of Dries Buytaert.