When I add a content, CKEditor is fine. It works well and save the content exactly as it is being entered. Now when I try to edit that node or any random existing node, the textarea of CKEditor no longer contains the content entered while it's being added but contains an entire page of a particular page from my Drupal site. The weird thing is that, some existing nodes works correctly on edit mode? I've tried adding just a simple content e.g. "this is a very plain content" but still the problem persists. Anyone experienced this too?

Comments

Please share your thoughts.

i have the same problem... but in my case it seems that he contais the html from the location of the chEditor to the end of page including script, etc.

Anyone knows whats happening?
And better yet, any solution?

I have this same issue. I've been struggling on this the entire day and even since the previous days. Up until now, I haven't known a concrete solution to this. I have a feeling that some module might be conflicting with ckeditor. So I am in the process of mirroring my site and then, disable one by one the modules in the copied site until the issue is fixed. If any of you already have solved this issue, please share the solution here..

I have this same issue. I've been struggling on this the entire day and even since the previous days. Up until now, I haven't known a concrete solution to this. I have a feeling that some module might be conflicting with ckeditor. So I am in the process of mirroring my site and then, disable one by one the modules in the copied site until the issue is fixed. If any of you already have solved this issue, please share the solution here..

I've solved this issue. I don't know if this is also your case. But try this. Do you have search module enabled? Try disabling it.

Had the problem several times. Maybe it's not a CKEditor issue, it happened because an AJAX request returned an error.
I've no concrete example right now because I haven't seen this problem for months, but this was a common problem when some of my custom modules used to write things or errors on page displays.

I just had to track the error which was kind of an HTTP header problem...

Whatever, problem in many cases is due to conflict with a custom of contrib module.

It could be that a custom module is the culprit, yes. But in my case, I really tried to prove if the search module is the problem by enabling it back. When it's enabled, the problem returns. And to think search is a core module right?

In my case this problem was solved by disabling the extensions in google chrome.

Disabling the search module fixed it for me.

Same here, #5 helps,
tested on versions 7.x-1.12, and current dev release.

Does the ajax callback to filter/xss return the whole page once the search module is enabled? Check ajax calls in Firebug.

It still will not explain anything (why the search module breaks this ajax call), but at least the problem will be identified in this particular place.

Version:7.x-1.9» 7.x-1.13

I have the same problem.
I got D7.22, CKEditor 7x-1.13 and JS CKEditor 4.1.1
By disabling of search module I have returned site back to normal.

I have the same issue, displaying login page in ckeditor. Disabling search resolved the issue, but would like to know the root cause.

Drupal 7.22
CKEditor 3.6.6.1

The problem most likely lies within the search-module's cronjob to index the page. This cronjob kind of views the nodes it wants to index. If you use hook_node_view() anywhere in your modules and the cron-user gets an error or gets lead anywhere by a drupal_goto(), the behaviour you described is the result.

Solution: Disable the search-module if you don't need it. If you need it though, check the $view_mode in your hook_node_view()-implementations. If it says "search_index", no redirects should be made. (the easiest way is to just return $node if $view_mode == "search_index")

Ok, solution with disabling search module was good, but now i've needed search-box working, so i've made a research and found another thing.

In my case the problem was Plugin for inserting drupal teaser and page breaks. I've had this plugin switched off, but button "DrupalBreak" was added to Used button list.

My solution:

  1. Go to CKEditor profile settings page at '/admin/config/content/ckeditor/edit/[profile_name]'
  2. Switch of "Plugin for inserting Drupal teaser and page breaks" in appearance settings.
  3. Make sure, that "DrupalBreak" button is not in use.

Please, reproduce this steps at your instalations, and let me know if this solution works for you ;-).

I disabled the search module and then enabled again and for me the problem sloved :))

@eidoscom: Your problem is probably only solved until Drupal needs to index content of the error-producing content-type for its search the next time (via cron).