I really think this module should do something about its function names. There already is the privatemsg conflict and i suspect there's more.

When i disable the privatemsg module i keep getting the following error:
Recoverable fatal error: Object of class Message could not be converted to string in DatabaseStatementBase->execute() (line 2136 of SITES\includes\database\database.inc). when trying to view admin/content/message

Other module that could be conflicting:

  • Messaging
  • Notifications
  • ..?

It's a big issue to disable modules since all there dependencies so i haven't tested it, but since privatemsg is disabled and i keep getting the error message i suspect there's more conflicts.

Comments

I will not be following this issue anymore, switching to heartbeat. To bad tough would like to use this new module, but we have to go online and do not have the luxury of waiting till these conflicts are sorted out. Maybe in the future.

> It's a big issue to disable modules since all there dependencies so i haven't tested it,

I can't help you if you can't test it yourself.

You are definitely right, i have a upcoming project in the pipeline where i will be able to do more. The project at this moment is just in a to far state.

I've just found a conflict with the tmgmt module too.

I can confirm the conflict with the privatemsg module when using this module as part of the Commons distribution.

There is an issue in the privatemsg issue queue: http://drupal.org/node/1974638

I'll post here if there is a resolution in that queue.

Cheers

Tom

Just a quick update, upgrading to the 7.2 dev version fixed this issue for me.

Cheers

Tom