This looks fairly silly. :)

Two bold icons next to each other, but one says emphasize.

I thought this would be easy enough to fix that I could do it myself, but unfortunately I'm stupider than I give myself credit for. :D However, it's a pretty obviously broken-looking thing so unfortunately I have to rate it critical.

Files: 
CommentFileSizeAuthor
#5 1718336-5.patch107.19 KBWim Leers
#4 1718336-4.patch108.03 KBWim Leers

Comments

If you want to see this in action, http://ftp.drupal.org/files/projects/webchick_profile-7.x-0.1-unstable33... is the latest copy of the Spark distro bundle, and seems to be like working and stuff! :D

I recall seeing this also at some point in time, it was not too hard to solve IIRC.

This is a recently introduced bug in AE: https://github.com/alohaeditor/Aloha-Editor/issues/659.

I'm working on a temporary patch.

StatusFileSize
new108.03 KB

This ought to work. Massive patch because it is being applied to a minified CSS file.

StatusFileSize
new107.19 KB

A change got in that patch that shouldn't have been there.

Title:Emphasis is getting a B icon for some reasonEmphasis and Strong are getting a Bold icon for some reason

More accurate issue title.

Assigned:Unassigned» Wim Leers
Status:Active» Reviewed & tested by the community

Drush make is failing tremendously. I added the patch in #5 to drupal-org.make. But:

$ drush make --drupal-org drupal-org.make temp-directory
→ new patch applied
$ drush make build-spark.make /usr/local/var/www/spark-try8
→ new patch not applied

WTF?

I updated to Drush 5.4 (from 5.2), `drush cc drush`, `rm -rf ~/.drush/cache/*`, no dice.

So I just hope it'll work better on d.o. Committed to Spark: http://drupalcode.org/project/spark.git/commit/c5f4288.

Set to RTBC to indicate this was fixed with a temporary solution. Real fix will be over at https://github.com/alohaeditor/Aloha-Editor/issues/659.

Component:Code» Aloha Editor

With this patch, these buttons are now labelled "S" for strong and "em" for emphasis. Humans don't use these words. Even on d.o, the rich text editor labels these B and I.

StatusFileSize
new8.67 KB

Odd, now I see the following:

Bold, Strong, Italic and em buttons.

Are you pulling from the Git version? if so, yeah, this sprint we're actively working on the toolbar to make it way more intuitive. :) #1721838: [META] As a content editor, I would like to have WYSIWYG in a nicely-styled, intuitive toolbar It's a work in progress. What's there now in alpha4 is just Aloha's default behaviour.

I'm pulling from the d.o git repository, the -dev version. I realise this is still in utter alpha stage, which makes the lack of documentation understandable, but it is a rather difficult target to get to grips with, since some fixes seem to be being distributed by updating the Spark profile to apply patches to Aloha as a site is built, and so on... which doesn't work so well if you're not recreating a site with the Spark profile. :)

This is now getting extremely off-topic, but all of the patches that Spark uses to make Edit module work are in its drupal-org.make and drupal-org-core.make files. If you want to use Edit module separately, you can just apply those patches yourself. I recommend sticking with the stable release of Edit module though, as Spark does. We'll roll an alpha4 of Edit when we're done futzing with the toolbar. :)

Aloha Editor makes a distinction between bold and strong on the one hand and italics and emphasis on the other hand. I *personally* also think we should ignore bold and italics and just show the bold icon for strong and the italics icon for emphasis, but one *could* validly reason they should be separate.

It's easy enough to override the icon for "strong" with the one for "bold" though. Which is what I think will happen eventually, but this is not a high priority ATM.

I *personally* also think we should ignore bold and italics and just show the bold icon for strong and the italics icon for emphasis

I am of the same opinion.

Status:Reviewed & tested by the community» Fixed

Fixed upstream *and* irrelevant to us now because by now we have our own custom UI :)

Automatically closed -- issue fixed for 2 weeks with no activity.